I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by my opinions and endorsements!
I dug through tons of threads and different subreddits to find which is the best tower fan recommendation.
(Here is what I come out with)
- Top Pick: Seville Classics UltraSlimline (Amazon)
- Also Great: Lasko T42951 Wind Curve (Amazon)
Seville Classics UltraSlimline – Best according to Reddit.
This one really has it all. From being a highly function tower fan to giving powerful airflow across large living rooms or offices, as well as being very affordable, this tower fan has fantastic customer reviews.
Seville Classics UltraSlimline 10127 is my overall top. It’s able to deliver in terms of design and functionality, It’s able to blow powerful streams of air.
About 41.7 inches tall and 13 inches wide, this sleek tower fan does not take up lots of space, it will take less than 1 sq.ft. It has five-speed settings that give you room to customize your airflow easily. It also comes with Ultra-quiet internal fans which are able to oscillate up to 115 degrees. It uses an energy-saving direct current motor which consumes 25 watts at maximum speed.
Here’s a breakdown of Seville Classics UltraSlimline 40 benefits and features.
- Multiple speed setting which includes High, medium, and low.
- A way to ensure to reduce air resistance and ensure smooth airflow. Therefore, helping to maintain silence by minimizing noise.
- Maximizes airflow by oscillating from one side to the other. Its flexibility is such that it’s able to oscillate up to 75 degrees on each side.
- A safeguard against over-stretching with a programmable shutdown.
- Uncomplicated control panel.
While I can sing praises about this sleek tower fan, there are many customers who have highlighted some pros and cons you can check out right here.
- Four-speed settings
- Air inlets made from steel
- Programmable shutdown
- Super easy to operate
- Reported cases of motor burnout
Vornado 184 Whole Room Air Circulator Tower Fan
The huge difference between Vornado and other tower fans is its proprietary circular swing instead of an oscillator swing typical with other tower fans. It uses an invention that blows the air in a circular motion at a wide axis across the whole room at once, unlike oscillating towers that give a brief tide of air. Although you will not feel lots of airflow as with oscillating tower fans, the ventilation in the room is superb. It comes with a polished design.
With its special design, it gives reliable results when compared to other fans. The fan is intended to scatter air throughout an entire room but up close it’s not very powerful. It performed among the best from across the room. You’ll get a meaningful airflow as far as 30 feet from the fan.
The Vornado Tower 184 comes with four-speed settings to pick from, helping you get the proper airflow you want to maintain the right room temperature inside your house. Because it does not offer the oscillation characteristic found in most tower fans, you will want to look for the right location so as to get the full benefit of circulator motion.
You will need to use a fan to clean it when the fan gets dirty. You have to use your vacuum to clean out the front and behind the grille ventilate because it does not have removable air filters. It should be placed a few inches away from walls to help with air intake.
- Maximum Distance: 100 ft.
- Speed Settings: 4
- Remote: Yes
- Physical Weight: 9.7 lbs.
- Object Dimensions: 11″W x 11″D x 41″H
- Top Speed RPM: 1050
- Top Speed CFM: 536
- Volts / Hertz: 120V / 60HZ
- Power Cord: 6 ft.
- Warranty: 5
What I like
- It uses Vornado’s signature V-Flow Technology to give perfect ventilation of all the air in a room.
- Special crosscut vents produce a broad span of continuous airflow, thus removes the need for a wobbly oscillating base.
- comes with a powerful motor that gives a high volume of air circulation and pushes air up to 100 feet.
- You can choose between 1, 2, 4, or 8-hour timers to guarantee efficiency and electricity-saving ways.
- Push-button controls enable you to choose from 4-speed settings. comes with a remote control that magnetically clings at the top of the unit gives you extra convenience.
- Made to meet voltage requirements in the United States, and is certified for safety.
- Long-lasting fan
What I don’t LIke
- Difficult to clean
- The led lights lit up the entire room so might not be ideal for bedrooms
You can save electricity by setting an automatic shut-off timer when you are asleep or not near. It comes with a remote control that sticks magnetically in a small trough-shaped dip at the head of the fan. This is a handy feature that assists you to keep ensure you don’t misplace it.
On the lower settings, this fan is virtually silent. However, in the higher power settings it’s a bit loud because of the high amount of air it’s moving. This fan does not shiver, so you’ll not need to rearrange your furniture to place a swiveling head.
Lasko T42951 Wind Curve – Also Great according to Reddit.
This excellent tower fan ticks all the boxes for everything you need for an affordable model. Not only does it have fantastic customer reviews, but it creates a powerful breeze and quiet operations.
At a 42 inches height, it’s able to blow across the high bed. It’s super easy to use and comes with a wide range of remote control.
If you’re hunting for a fan that can circulate cool air across a large room, very quiet operation, space-saving, and trusted brands, this is the right fan for you.
Here is what you get from Lasko T42951
- Multiple speed setting, so depending on levels of heat, you can choose the ideal setting.
- Ability to create cool air in large living rooms and bedrooms due to its strong motors
- Safeguard against noise pollution due to its super quiet motors
- Increased portability- Lasko T42951 Wind Curve comes with a built-in carry knob
- Standing at 43″ with a base of 13″ X 13″, it’s a space-saving fan.
Since there are not many tower fans with as many reviews as Lasko, I’ve decided to include some of the pros and cons pointed out here.
- Three-speed settings
- Strong motors
- Super quiet operation
- Floor standing base
- Reported cases of malfunctions
Ozeri 3x Tower Fan (44″) – The ideal with Noise Reduction Technology
The Ozeri 3x Tower Fan is designed with specs that make it a good option for most people. It provides the latest technology in terms of digital pre-programmable airflow patterns. It comes with 3 motors with each having 3-speed settings. This means it has 9 levels in speed settings.
Its extended range remote control makes it possible to operate the fan while in a different room. Its sensitive touch control panel makes it easy to access all its features.
Although Ozeri 3X is a more expensive option than option #1 and Option #2, you will be impressed by its blade curvatures which give a soothing sound of the airflow.
Here’s what you’ll get from Ozeri 3x Tower fan…
- Noise reduction technology that eliminates noise pollution but retains the soothing sounds.
- You can easily customize the level of cooling because of its three independently controllable fans and three-speed settings.
- Elegant design that is visually very appealing.
- Comes with a remote control that is able to cover a wide area.
- Pre-programmed relaxation airflow patterns
The following is a quick summary of the pros and cons of this model.
- Nine-speed settings
- Long-range remote
- Uses noise reduction technology
- Stand alone design
- Some complaints on durability
Pelonis 3-Speed Pedestal – Best for People With Young Children
Pelonis Oscillating Pedestal is a very well-known tower fan for its 3-speed quiet fan, easy to use, stylish oscillation fan, and safety design. This makes it a great option for most people, especially for people with small kids. It’s also space-efficient and it’s able to oscillate up to an angle of 60 degrees. The fan is designed to ensure that small kids don’t insert their figures into the fan because of the grid.
As for performance, the tower fan features a 3-speed setting and it has an 8- hour timer. It’s capable of operating on low noise levels making it best for bedroom. As for the warranty, you get a one year guarantee to repair or replace the fan from the manufacturer.
Here are the features and benefits…
- Gives three cooling levels. You can go with either normal, natural or sleep.
- A straight forward control is easy to adjust and an easy to use the remote control for convenience.
- Increased air flow due to its 60 degrees side to side oscillation.
- Safeguard against the risk of children inserting their fingers into the fan by use of fence hole design.
After going through the customer reviews of Pelonis 3-speed Oscillating pedestal tower fan, here are the main pros and cons.
- Humanized display
- 60 degrees oscillation
- Easy to set up
- Three-speed settings
- compact design
- Airflow not very strong
- Complains of unclear instructions
Tower Fan Buyer’s Guide
For those who don’t know, there are several things you need to consider before you spend your hard-earned money. They have different specs which include speed settings, energy-saving, and efficiency.
The technology behind tower fans
A tower fan is tall fan which has movable base. It works by pulling in air through an inlet on the sides and then blows out cold air. They cool the air by circulating the air inside an ambient space. Due to their simple technology tower, fans have sleek designs, and most fans are installed with filters for removing dust from the air
Below is a diagram demonstrating how tower fans work.
Things to consider when choosing a tower fan.
Size of the fan
You should consider the size of the fan because the bigger the fan, the easier it is for it to cool large rooms. If you go for smaller fans, it will not have lots of power to cool large rooms. When buying fans for smaller rooms like bedrooms, you can go for a smaller tower fan. However, larger rooms will require fans with more power.
Although tower fans don’t consume as much energy, you will still need to consider the energy efficiency of each model before you spend your hard-earned money. Some tower fans come with programmable settings such that you can set them to switch off after a specific period of time. Having said that, you should know that tower fans are a great replacement for air conditioners.
One key reason that you need to be careful when choosing a tower fan is speed. Most of the fans on the market today come with different speed options. In summer when the air is very hot, you can set higher speed settings which are more efficient. There are some models with up to 9-speed settings while others have only two.
You don’t want to get a fan that takes up lots of space. Most fans have sleek designs, and they don’t take up lots of space.
An oscillating fan is able to spread cool air around the room so that it’s more efficient. Some fans can oscillate up to 80 degrees. The wider the oscillation the more efficient the fan is.
One of the most important considerations when buying a home fan is the noise level. Bear in mind that fans can be extremely noisy. However, with current technologies such as bladeless tower fans can be extremely quiet. Some fans are able to isolate the noise and you are left with the soothing sound of the air.
Tower Fan vs Pedestal Fan Reddit
I did a quick research on which between a tower fan vs pedestal fan is the best. And As usual, my first stop when I want to research a product is on Reddit. I dug through some subreddits and here is what I come out with.
When it comes to power pedestal fans have more power than tower fans. It’s therefore recommended you use pedestal fans in bigger rooms and tower fans in smaller rooms. Tower fans are suited for being placed just a few feet away from you with less floor space.
The best way to determine between something is to contrast their pros and cons
Pros and cons
The advantage of a pedestal fan is it can be used for larger space and can be positioned behind furniture. You should therefore consider using a pedestal fan when cooling larger spaces. However, you should use a tower fan for smaller rooms.
Pedestal fans blow air from a height while tower fans blow air up their entire height. This is the main difference between them.
Because pedestal fans blow air from a high point, they can be positioned behind furniture in a room.
Tower fans are designed to be placed in front of you, so they tend to be more attractive in looks.
These two types of fans give entirely two different types of airflow.
While these two types of fans can cause the same, they deliver entirely different types of airflow. The pedestal fans are able to give a lot more powerful airflow than tower fans.
The latest pedestal fans give an amazing amount of power. They come with a solid base and greatly enhance fan blades which give you a lot of airflows.
Tower fans on the other side, are a lot more like turbines. They utilize a spiral blade and push air out of an opening. This gives air out of the whole tower.
The amount of noise a fan makes can cause lots of inconvenience in the house or office. Well, most high-end fans will run silently. However, tower fans tend to be noisier than pedestal fans.
The tower fans have whole towers of motor-shaped blades spiraling inside a cylinder Instead of having blades rotating on an axis like a pedestal fan. This makes them louder than pedestal fans while giving less airflow.
When it comes to ease of movement both pedestal and tower fans are easy to move around in the house. However, because pedestals can be placed behind furniture they tend to have more flexibility than tower fans.
Compared to other types of fans both pedestal and Tower fans are great space savers. For Tower fans, they are usually slim and can be placed on the floor and they take very little space. This makes them excellent for being placed next to a sofa or next to a bed.
Unlike tower fans, pedestal fans have a big, solid base which helps them to balance easily while giving them more power. This gives you more options on where to place. They also push airflow through a bigger space which also gives you more options.
Tower Fan vs Box Fan Reddit
It comes down to what someone likes when it comes to the debate over tower fan vs box fan. So what are the differences between the two?
Box fans are many costs less and can be used in different ways with a little creativity. Box fans are easy to move and don’t require lots of work in maintaining them.
On the other hand, Tower Fans have lots of great features, and they are more convenient to use because of features like remote controls. Tower fans also move more air than a box fan and therefore have a lot more cooling ability, and they also have other feature automatic timers.
Box fans have a pretty compact design because of their shape.
They normally come in rectangular or box shapes, but in some cases, you can get some models that are circle-shaped. They are very portable, and you can move them around easily and can be placed in small spaces.
- Effective and powerful– When it comes to effectiveness box fans are less effective than tower fans but more effective than window fans because they have more CFM than window fans. They mostly used to get rid of smoke and dust from a room.
- Cheap to purchase– Box fans cost less than tower fans. When you are operating on a budget you should definitely look at box fans because they cost way less than tower fans. But like everything in life, you do get what you pay for. You should not expect them to be as effective as tower fans. Tower fans also give you more flexibility than box fans.
- Cheap to run- When it comes to cost, tower fans are lots more expensive to run than box fans. A box fan will cost you around 2 cents per hour which makes them extremely cost-effective. You can also set up box fans in the window thus saving on the cost of running an AC, thus, saving on energy cost. You can also convert the box fan into a box fan filter if you’re a bit handy.
- Easy maintenance: You don’t need any professional help to maintain or install them. They come with simple instructions that are easy to follow.
The disadvantages of Box fans
- No airflow control: You don’t have a lot of leeways when it comes to adjusting the direction of the air coming from a box fan. The only choice you have is for the air to run in a straight line in front of the fan. In order to change the direction of the airflow, you have to position the box fan differently because they don’t have a rotation feature.
- Noise: Box fans are very noisy. Some models will be louder than others, but on average box, fans are noisier than tower fans. Box fans are not ideal if you’re looking for a fan you can leave on while you sleep because of the noise levels.
- Limited of features: Box fans don’t oscillate like tower fans. They also have limited wind modes, and you don’t get other great features like timers. Box fans are simple devices that just give you airflow. You will need to choose a tower fan if you are looking for fancy features and designs. If you need a fan with more features, you definitely shouldn’t settle for a box fan.
Advantages of Tower fans over box fans
- Pricing: Although tower fans are more expensive than box fans, you have a wide range of pricing options. You can choose between a high-end option or a lower priced option. The good thing with tower fans is that even lower-priced models have lots of great features.
- Space efficient: Tower fans are space-efficient because they can fit into small spaces and corners. Because they have multiple settings available you can adjust them depending on the size of the room. If you’re in a large room, you should turn up the power, and if in a small room turn down the power.
- Safety: Tower fans are safe to use even in a home where you’ve kids because they are well-protected. They don’t fall down easily because they have a steady base.
- Lots of features: Modern tower fans come with lots of cool features that make them more convenient to use. . Some of the features include: remote controls, night light, ionizer, power setting, speed setting, sleep mode, breeze mode, and timers.
- Air purification: Some tower fans come installed with air filters which give them air purification capability, thus creating a healthier environment especially for people who have asthma.
The disadvantage of Tower Fan
- They are Not an air conditioner: Many people make the mistake of thinking you can substitute an air conditioner with a tower fan. This is not correct. The level of cooling you get from an air conditioner is not compatible with a tower fan.
- Maintenance: Tower fans are more complicated than box fans. In fact, if you devise malfunction, you will need a technician to repair it. On the other hand, box fans are easy to fix even if you’re not an electrician.
- Durability: Because of the many features that tower fans have, this tends to affect their durability.
ABOUT LEON SMITH
Leon is a Thirty-something-year-old blogger from Mauritius who is currently studying for a Masters degree in chemical and processing Engineering at the University of Eldoret in Kenya. Read more about him.
IN THIS POST
- 1 Seville Classics UltraSlimline – Best according to Reddit.
- 2 Vornado 184 Whole Room Air Circulator Tower Fan
- 3 Lasko T42951 Wind Curve – Also Great according to Reddit.
- 4 Ozeri 3x Tower Fan (44″) – The ideal with Noise Reduction Technology
- 5 Pelonis 3-Speed Pedestal – Best for People With Young Children
- 6 Tower Fan Buyer’s Guide
- 7 Things to consider when choosing a tower fan.
- 8 Tower Fan vs Pedestal Fan Reddit
- 9 Tower Fan vs Box Fan Reddit