Are you looking to buy the best fluoride water filter? I’ll walk you through the whole process.
Fluoride has been proven to be toxic even when it is ingested in small amounts. This is especially true for kids because they are still growing.
For the safety and health of your family, you’ll need to remove fluoride and other chemicals from drinking water.
Let’s get started…
In this post, I’ll walk you through the best water filter for removing fluoride. I’ve included a variety of filters to help you chose the one that fits your home and budget.
(First, aquick summary if you’re in a hurry:)
- Best Countertop Water Filter: Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2 (Amazon)
- Best Water Filter Pitcher: Aquagear Filter Pitcher (Amazon)
- Best Whole House Water Filter: iSpring RCS5T 500 GPD (Amazon)
- Best Undersink Water Filter: Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Ultra (Amazon)
- 1 Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Ultra- Best Under Sink Filter
- 2 iSpring RCS5T 500 GPD- Best Whole House Water Filter that Removes Fluoride and Chlorine
- 3 Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2- Best Fluoride Water Filter
- 4 Berkey Countertop Filters
- 5 Aquagear Filter Pitcher – Best Filter Pitcher
- 6 ZeroWater Filter Pitcher
- 7 Megahome Countertop Water Distiller
- 8 Culligan WSH-C125 Filtered Shower
- 9 Fluoride water filter Buying Guide.
- 10 Fluoride Filters- FAQs
Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Ultra- Best Under Sink Filter
No doubt about it, Reverse Osmosis is the most effective method of removing fluoride from tap water. In fact, most water bottling companies use it. Home Master company has been one of the top Reverse OSmosis filters manufacturers for years. they’ve built a reputation with their customers that’s unrivaled.
One look at the performance of Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Ultra and you will understand why this company is considered the market leader. And without a doubt, is one of the most popular RO systems in the market. It’s able to remove 98% of all fluoride dissolved in water.
It uses six filtration methods to remove 98% of all contaminants from drinking water. The filtration technologies are sediment filter, iron filter, catalytic carbon, and reverse osmosis.
One big plus for this system is that it doesn’t waste lots of water compared to other RO systems. It’s an under-sink system that is able to produce One gallon of pure water from two gallons of tap water. It’s able to achieve this efficiency because it uses a permeate pump to help it reduce waste.
Main features and Benefits
- The fastest way to get lots of clean, great tasting, and safe water for drinking. It integrates a sediment filter, a carbon filter, a pre-iron filter, UV light, and Reverse osmosis.
- Surprisingly long lasting filters compared to other RO systems. A single filter will give you 3,000 gallons (six months) of clean water.
- A way to improve the efficiency of the RO system by increasing the pressure and reducing waste by use of permeate pump. Unlike other RO systems that can waist up to 5 gallons per 1 gallon of clean water, It has a ration of 1:1
- Fighting microorganisms using an ultraviolet light filter which is more effective in killing viruses and bacterias without using harmful chemicals such as chlorine and chloramines.
- Five-year warranty
When it comes to ease of installation, TMULTRA-ERP Ultra is super easy to install. You can install it using the detailed instruction manual that it comes with.
iSpring RCS5T 500 GPD- Best Whole House Water Filter that Removes Fluoride and Chlorine
Ispring RCS5T 500 is a whole house reverse osmosis system. This type of system is commonly used by bottling companies for commercial purpose. If you are looking for a robust RO system that can handle lots of drinking water, this is a great choice because it can handle up to 500 gallons per day. This is more than enough for a large family or a small business establishment such as a cafe or pub.
When you buy this system, you’ve got the option of installing additional storage of about 500-gallon capacity. You can use it as an on-demand system that supplies on demand.
ISpring RCS5T boasts of patented dual flow Reverse osmosis membrane that allows it to be efficient and save lots of water. In addition to the RO membrane, It also features a fluoride filter.
Benefits and Features
- A whole house system that’s able to meet all the water supply on demand.
- It can be used commercially in places like coffee shops, cafes, and pubs
- Uses a patented RO membrane that’s more efficient and doesn’t waste lots of water.
- It boasts of fluoride filter. This system will remove 98% of fluoride and also removes chlorine
This is one of the few whole house water filters that remove fluoride and chlorine . It has a high level of efficiency. In fact, if you’re looking for a Reverse osmosis system, you’ll not go wrong with IiSpring RCS5T.
Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2- Best Fluoride Water Filter
If you’re looking for a countertop filter that removes 93% of fluoride, Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2 is a great option. This model boasts of the ability to remove most contaminants from drinking water. It removes 93% fluoride and removes chlorine. It’s also able to remove most of the bacterias and virus.
It uses a sophisticated three-stage filter that gives totally safe drinkable water at the point of use. Every single filter is able to give 500 gallons of fluoride-free water.
When I was researching for this water filter, I noticed that many buyers were happy about this filter’s design. It has a compact design that does not take up too lots of space on the kitchens counter. It’s also super easy to install.
Features and Benefits
- Ability to remove 93% fluoride using multi-stage filters. Each of its filters can handle about 500 gallons of drinking water before you have replaced it.
- Unlike other bulky options in the market, it does not take up lots of space because of its compact design.
- Easy installation makes it more portable. you can remove it from one faucet and fix it on another tap easily.
Berkey Countertop Filters
The Big Berkey countertop water filter has one of the most long-lasting filters on the market. Each of its single carbon filters can be able to handle 3,000 Gallons of water before it needs to be replaced. As you know, there are lots of filters on the market, but few can march Big Berkey when it comes to the efficiency of the filters. In addition to that, it’s a very portable filter that you can easily carry around in the house.
Berkey filters use microfiltration technology. This filtration media is woven into a compact matrix that’s able to remove fluoride ions. In addition to that, it’s able to remove chlorine and many other contaminants. Berkey’s PF-2 filter elements were designed to specifically remove fluoride. It’s also able to remove organic chemicals and pesticides.
The Big Berkey is a gravity feed system. You only need to pour tap water on the top chamber, and water will move through the filters using the force of gravity to the lower chamber. As a result of this simple design, it’s very portable and easy to install.
Features and Benefits
- Ability to filters water without requiring to use of electricity because it’s a gravity feed system.
- Ability to remove fluoride by use of microfiltration technology that is able to capture 99% of fluoride.
- Long lasting filters can last up to two years. The Big Berkey has the most long-lasting filters in the market. Each filter will handle 3,000 gallons of water.
- Unlike other filters that require some plumbing connection, the Big Berkey is convenient to use and carry around.
Aquagear Filter Pitcher – Best Filter Pitcher
You gotta buy Aquagear water filter pitcher if you’re looking for an inexpensive but effective filter to remove fluoride. It uses a single filter that is made up of carbon and ion exchange medium. These filters are so effective that they are able to remove a huge range of contaminants such as chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, lead and chromium 6.
The Aquagear filter pitcher is, without doubt, one of the most efficient pitchers available. From its ability to filter more contaminants, to the capacity of its filters (150 gallons per filter) Aquagear pitcher is hard to beat.
It’s made from food grade material, so you don’t have to worry if it’s safe. In fact, it’s among the few filter jag that is NSF approved. It has the capacity to filter 8 cups at ago. The filters are able to remove 90% of fluoride.
Aquagear Gives you…
- Ability to remove fluoride from water cheaply and effectively( Removes 90.57% of fluoride)
- Ability to get rid of dangerous contaminants such as lead and chromium 6.
- The single filter gives 150 gallons of pure water
- Made from food grade material that is recyclable
ZeroWater Filter Pitcher
To begin with, Zero-water filters are so efficient such that they are the only one that is known to remove 100% of all dissolved substance in water. Lab tests have shown Zerowater has 0.00% dissolved substance in it. In other words, through a process of ion exchange zero-water removes all other ions and leaves H2O ions.
It removes both harmful chemical and health minerals (calcium and magnesium) from water.
The ZeroWater filters use a multi-stage filtration process (5-stage) which includes ion exchange. When you buy a zero-water pitcher, it will come with TDS tester. You can use this tester to measure the total dissolved substances in your water.
Features and Benefits
- Ability to remove 99.99% of total dissolved substance from water
- 5-stage filtration process which includes ion exchange process
- Removes 100% fluoride
- Comes with TDS tester
Megahome Countertop Water Distiller
Distillation is a simple and effective way of filtering fluoride and other harmful chemicals from water. A distiller works by simply boiling water to turn it to steam and collecting the steam in another container. When the steam cools down, it turns into drinkable water which is safe and fluoride free.
So here’s the deal, When it comes to distillers, the Megahome Countertop Water distiller is unrivaled. And once you see the superb performance and great design, you’ll understand why this model is the market leader. But that’s not all, it’s fairly priced, you don’t have to part with an arm and leg to get it.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity to distill one gallon in 5 hours.
- Made with high-quality materials. The body is made of high-grade stainless steel, so you can sure that it won’t rust.
- Ease of use. You just need to fill it water and place the collection jag in its place.
- It’s very portable and lightweight, therefore, will not take up lots of space.
Culligan WSH-C125 Filtered Shower
If you don’t’ want to shower with fluoride water daily, then this is the right product for you.
It is both a filter and a showerhead in one, therefore, you just attach it like a normal showerhead, and you’re ready to go. Once you buy this shower filter it replaces your old showerhead.
Culligan WSH-C125 uses patented filter media. According to its manual, this patented media can remove up to 97% of chlorine. It has a chrome finish making it look stylish. The is fitted on the showerhead, so you don’t expect any links. The inner filter cartridges last for six months. You have five spray settings to choose from.
It has an anti-clog rubber spray, which means you can expect good pressure from the shower head. The filter has an anti-bacterial membrane to kill bacteria and other micro-organisms.
Feature and Benefits
- Both a shower head and shower filter which should be mounted on the wall
- Give a maximum flow rate of 2.0 gallons per minute
- You can choose between its five spray settings
- Super easy to install and no tools are required for installation
Fluoride water filter Buying Guide.
There is a lot of conflicting information about which types of filtration method will remove fluoride and which filtration method don’t work. The truth is most filtration method will remove fluoride but there are not very reliable. Here are four of the most reliable methods of removing fluoride.
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a way of removing contaminants from water using a semi-permeable membrane. Unlike the natural osmosis process where molecules move from area of high concentration to area of low concentration, reverse osmosis pressure is used to overcome osmotic pressure through the partially permeable membrane.
Reversed osmosis is one of the most effective methods of removing fluoride from water. Such systems normally have multi filtration stages:
- Sediment filter
- An activated carbon
- Reverse osmosis filter
- Ultraviolet filtration
The big disadvantage of using Reverse osmosis is that it’s very wasteful of water.
Ion exchange is a process where undesirable dissolved ions are replaced by more desirable ions. In the case of purification, the undesirable ions belong to the contaminants. The exchange is typically facilitated by resin.
Whereas the ion exchange process is able to remove fluoride, it will typically start losing its effectiveness, and the ability to remove fluoride goes down quickly. You will need to recharge the resin bed. Advantage of ion exchange over RO-System is that it does not lead to wastage of water.
Distillation is the second oldest filtering technique known to man after carbon filtration. Distillation will produce clean crisp water that is free from all chemicals and micro-organism.
water is heated until it turns to steam. When the water is turned into steam, the steam rises and is collected into different containers. It will then cool down and turn back to crisp clean water.
Distilled water has many benefits which include the removal of stubborn chemicals such as nitrates, barium, fluoride, and copper. In fact, distilled water is considered to be the purest, and, in general, it is good for your health
Another method of filtering fluoride is by use of a gravity-driven system. Most countertop and water filter pitchers use this system. What typically happens is that tap water is placed on an upper chamber of the filter. There is a fluoride blocking media under the upper chamber. Mostly the filtration media used to block fluoride includes a combination of activated carbon and activated alumina.
Fluoride Filters- FAQs
Why You should Filter Fluoride from Tap Water?
Many countries across the world add a limited amount of fluoride to their water supplies. Municipalities do this because fluoride is good at preventing tooth cavities because it strengthens the enamel. It’s for this same reason that most toothpaste contains fluoride.
On the other hand, it has been shown that when fluoride is ingested it accumulates in the bone. It increases the risk of health problems such as bone cancer. Moreover, children who are exposed to a high amount of fluoride have been shown to lose a couple of IQ points. Although fluoride reduces the risk of dental cavities, it increases the risk of teeth stains in young people.
Do Water softeners remove fluoride?
The short answer is that water softeners do not remove fluoride. water softeners typically work by exchanging positively charged ions with sodium ions from salt. However, fluoride ions are not negatively changed; therefore, ion exchange cannot take place.
Flouride levels remain unchanged when hard water is turned into soft water. Water softeners are effective at removing positively charged ions such as magnesium and calcium.
Does ZeroWater Remove fluoride?
Zerowater has been shown to filter all dissolved ions in water. This filters will remove 100% of fluoride that is dissolved in water. In fact, when you test water that purified using zero-water it will have zero dissolved substance. ZeroWater uses a 5-stage filtration process that is very effective.
Read More: Does zero water filter remove fluoride?
Removing fluoride Naturally?
You can reduce fluoride exposure using several methods without having to buy expensive water filters. Some studies have shown that there are some plants that have strong anti-oxidation properties. Example of these plants is Tulsi which also known as Holy Basil. This method is commonly used in India. Testes have shown that it works.
Does Brita Filters Remove fluoride?
Although Brita filters are able to remove fluoride, the amount of they remove is negligible. This is because Brita uses carbon filtration which is not very effective at blocking fluoride.
Read More: Does Brita Filter Remove Fluoride?
Does Berkey Remove Fluoride
I’ve included Berkey countertop filter among the list of the best fluoride water filter. It’s a gravity-based system that uses filter element that is made by combining several media such as activated alumina and carbon. Barkey is able to remove 97% fluoride. Read More: Does Berkey Remove Fluoride?