I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by my opinions and endorsements!
To buy the best hydronic baseboard heater, it’s important to understand a few things.
First, understand what kind of space you’ll be heating with the baseboard heater, wIll you be heating an office, a sitting room, or a bedroom. And what’s the size in square feet.
Secondly, baseboard heaters are like other electrical devices, they come with many features such as thermostats, wattage output, energy efficiency, wireless controls, safety, and price.
To identify the right hydronic baseboard heater for most people, I looked at many different factors such as voltage need like 240 volts or 110 volts and stylish designs which will have a decorative effect on a bedroom or an office.
(Here is a quick summary of top picks)
- Top Pick: Fahrenheat PLF1004 Hydronic Baseboard Heater (Amazon)
- Also Great: Marley HBB1254 Hydronic Baseboard Heater (Amazon)
- 1 Best Hydronic Baseboard Heaters 2019
- 2 Fahrenheat PLF 1004
- 3 Marley HBB 1254
- 4 Fahrenheat PLF754
- 5 Marley HBB500 Baseboard Heater
- 6 Fahrenheat PLF 1504
- 7 Hydronic Baseboard Buying Guide
- 8 Frequently Asked questions
Best Hydronic Baseboard Heaters 2019
The Fahrenheat PLF 1004 baseboard heater is designed to give heat It provides steady temperature without the on/off cycles. This means that it does not give out the popping sound associated with many baseboard heaters. It also doesn’t use a fan to blow air.
This means it will not blow dust, which is very great for people with allergies. Because the unit does not heat up, you don’t have to worry about a child or pet touching it. The overheating protection feature ensures that the heater doesn’t run when there is an air blockage.
WIth Fahrenheat PLF 1004 You Get…
- Safeguard against kids touching because the surface stays cool.
- A baseboard heater Provides radiant heat without being too noisy.
- Safeguard against the spread of dust particles because it’s fanless.
- Safety against overheating; thus, removes the risk of fire.
- Stylish design that will look good with your wall paint.
The Fahrenheat PLF 1004 has a sleek attractive design which will look good on your living room. It has many positive reviews from customers who bought it. The following are the summary of the main pros and cons of the Fahrenheat PLF 1004 baseboard heater.
The Marley HBB1254 hydronic baseboard heater is a very well-known baseboard heater for its ability to continue giving out heat for a long time when the thermostat turns off because of its custom heating element, this makes it a great option for homes.
The baseboard heater features a natural convection airflow that will not blow up dust. Marley went a step further and included a sealed tube heating element which is very useful in ensuring that it doesn’t lose heat quickly, and it maintains a stable temperature in the room.
- A way to warm your home without blowing air, as it does not use blow or fan.
- A safety against wild swings in temperature.
- Continuous heating even after switching off the heating element.
- Unlike some solutions that are noisy when you turn them on, Marley HBB1254 does not make cracking sounds.
- A way to achieve energy efficiency. As it has been certified by the Department of energy to convert all incoming electrical energy into heat.
As for price, the Marley HBB1254 12 is one of he more expensive Baseboard Heater on our list. You will be impressed by how great it works and its efficiency. Here is a summary of the pros and cons.
The Fahrenheat PLF754 baseboard heater was designed prior to PLF 1004, but it has remained popular with many customers.
The most impressive features about this baseboard heater is a custom-designed heating element and the thermal cutout. In case you have air blockage, the cutout will turn off the heating element.
Although the price is among the lowest in our list, I have found Fahrenheat PLF 1004 has an attractive design and it works great.
With Fahrenheat PLF754 BASEBOARD HEATERS You Get…
- Best way to consistently heat your room.
- A baseboard heater system with an attractive design that will be a great addition to your interior design
- A way to achieve efficiency by complete immersion of the heating element into a special heat transfer liquid, unlike other solutions that use water.
- A safeguard against accidental air blockage by having a thermal cutout system.
- Easy to install as it can be mounted directly on any type of floor tile or carpet.
The following is a summary of the pros and cons associated with Fahrenheat PLF 1004.
While most baseboard heaters were designed to be fixed on walls or windows, the Marley HBB750 is designed in such a way that it can be safely operated on a carpet or tile floor. It is designed with an impressive looking design that Baseboard heaters do not kick up dust but gives a smooth and steady hot air.
In order to provide quick heat, the heating element is sealed, it also retains heat for a longer period of time. It’s sealed element ensures that it’s able to convert all the electricity into heat, and it keeps on giving out heat even after the thermostat goes off.
With Marley HBB500 Qmark Gives you…
- Uses natural air convection as a safeguard against kicking out dust. So it’s great for people with allergies.
- Safeguard against wild temperature swings, as the baseboards heater give out smooth warmth.
- Continuous heating even after the thermostat heater turns off.
- Gives quiet heating without making popping sounds.
- Economical energy consumption as it converts all incoming electrical energy into heat.
Marley went ahead and designed this hydronic baseboard heater in such a way that it can run on a tile or carpet floor. Let’s go ahead and look at the summary of the pros and cons of Marley HBB750.
Do you want a heater with a modern design whose exterior stay cool to touch?
If the answer is yes this is the hydronic baseboard heater for you.
The baseboard heater features an overheat protection in case of air blockage. Like all other heaters in our list, it’s designed to work without kicking up dust because it’s a fanless heater. Since it’s permanently wired on the wall, it provides regular heating, and it’s more stable and reliable.
With Fahrenheat PLF 1504 you Get…
- A safeguard against kids or pets getting burnt, as the surface stays cool to touch.
- A hydronic baseboard heater with Fanless operation ensures that dust particles don’t circulate.
- Protection against overheating by automatically turning off the heater when there is air blockage.
- A way to avoid the loud noise associated with other baseboard heaters by avoiding the on/off cycles.
Here is a summary of the pros and cons of Fahrenheat PLF 1504 Hydronic Baseboard Heater.
Hydronic Baseboard Buying Guide
When it comes to a secondary source of heating a space, baseboard heaters are a great option. They are convenient, safe and economical. Avoid turning on the entire heating system when you want to heat a specific room to save on energy costs.
Hydronic baseboard use convection currents. This means they use the hot liquid for heating the air. They need to either be connected with a source of water or have liquid that is cycled around. Unlike electric heaters, hydronic heaters are not as first in heating rooms. But hydronic baseboard heaters are more economical in terms of energy consumption.
On the other hand, electrical baseboard uses electrical energy to directly heat the air. They tend to be a lot faster compared to hydronic baseboard heaters. For most people, these heaters are popular because they are easy to install. One big negative, electrical heaters use a fan to circulate air which tends to blow dust. It’s not good for people with allergies.
What to look for when buying Hydronic Baseboard Heater
The first thing to look for when buying a baseboard heater is efficiency. Although hydronic baseboard heaters are slower, they are more efficient because they keep the heat going for a longer time. Electric baseboard heaters are quicker to heat a room, but the cost of running them is higher. Some hydronic baseboard heaters use a special liquid which is more efficient. You should choose a heater that has an inbuilt thermostat.
Electric baseboard heaters are easy to install because you only need to plug it in and it’s ready to go. However, hydronic baseboard heating system needs to be wired into the main system. you should consider the cost of installation when deciding on the best option.
You will need to consider how much power you need. The strength of the heater is determined by the size of the room in terms of square feet. And how cold air is will also determine how much power you need. It’s generally accepted that you should have an output 3,000 watt of heat per 10 square foot.
The design of the baseboard is important when choosing. Most come with a baseboard cover which is cream, white or black color. You should choose baseboard that is will look good with your interior design.
Frequently Asked questions
What is a hydronic baseboard heater?
Hydronic baseboard heater is devices that are used to add heat in a room. Hydronic baseboard heater uses a fluid such as water to transfer the heat. What this means is that electricity will be used to heat water, then the water is used to heat air in the room. Other types of baseboard heater are electrical baseboard heater where heat is directly heated by the heating element which is powered by electricity.
Are hydronic baseboard heaters more efficient?
Hydronic baseboard heaters are more efficient and will save you money. The method of heating is more efficient than electric heaters. The self-contained water acts like a store for heat energy. Because water can store heat for a longer time, rooms using hydronic baseboard stay warmer for a longer period and saves you more money.
Pros and Cons of using hydronic baseboard heaters
Advantages of using baseboard heaters
- You don’t have to turn on the whole house heating system. You can heat a single room which is more efficient.
- They are easy to install compared to other heating systems which require wiring.
- The initial cost of installing them is low. And the cost of running them is low. You don’t pay a lot in electricity and gas costs.
- Hydronic/Electric baseboards are more cost-efficient because they keep the heat for a longer period of time.
- They are portable, and you can move them from one room to the next
Disadvantages of Using baseboard heaters
- When you need a lot of heating, baseboard heaters might not have the power to meet the high demand.
- Risk of fire. There is a risk of fire when you place objects such as clothes and buckets too close to the heater.
- Baseboard heaters are installed close to the windows and doors. So they require lots of maintenance to cleaning.
- Fan using baseboard heater blow out dust which is not healthy for people with allergies.