I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by my opinions and endorsements!
On Reddit, you find real people who are really passionate about any issue. This is why Reddit is a great source of information.
I was researching which is the best water filter, between Pur vs Brita vs ZeroWater. So, I dug through hundreds of threads and subreddits. Here is what I come out with.
(First, here’s a quick summary -:)
- Best Water Filter Pitchers Reddit: Brita Large 10 Cup Pitcher (Amazon)
Best Tap Filters:
Pur vs Brita vs Zero Water Filter Pitcher Comparison
On Reddit, things people consider when choosing the best water filter are.
- Tastes of Filtered water
- Design and Durability
- Initial costs and cost of replacing filters
- Capacity and speed
- Ability to remove many Contaminants
PUR Filter Water Filter Review
If you need something that will last longer, without doubt, try out Pur CR-6000 7 cup water filter pitcher. It’s built with ease of maneuvering in mind. In fact, the ease of handling is one of the most common advantages that was cited by most of the people who preferred Pur instead of Brita. The opinion was that Brita was cracky to handle while Pur is easier to maneuver.
When it comes to the removal of contaminants Pur uses activated carbon filters which are designed to remove pathogens and chemicals such as chlorine, chloramine, mercury, and pharmaceuticals. PUR uses activated carbon which is made from treated coconut shells with high absorption capacity.
PUR is certified by NSF to remove cryptosporidium and giardia. Lots of buyers have said that they really loved that the PUR LED 11 Cup Water Filtration Pitcher is made using food-grade materials, and it’s made using BPA free materials.
And because it uses a 3 stage filtration process it’s able to get rid of contaminants which other filter pitchers can’t like debris. The 3 stage filtration process is able to improve the test to a great extent. The 3-stage filtration process is
- Tight mesh- It’s used to remove large debris from water such as rocks.
- Activated carbon- After the water passes through the fine mesh it comes into contact with activated carbon which is made from coconut shell which has a porous surface. Activated carbon absorbs contaminants from water.
- Ion Exchange- The final stage is ion-exchange which gets rid of limescale and improves the taste.
The PUR LED is large enough to handle 11 cups of water at a time which is higher than most pitchers. Let us jump in and look at the pros and cons of PUR LED 11 Cup Water Filtration Pitcher.
Brita Large 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher
As I was researching Brita Grand water pitcher reviews, I noticed that quite a few people complained about that Brita almost always leaks fragments of carbon into the unfiltered water chamber. Having said that, you should know that the substance that looks like charcoal is perfectly safe.
The Brita Grand Water pitcher is available in a variety of colors -this is great because you can choose the model that fits your kitchen’s design. The filter is made using BPA free materials. It’s one of the few pitchers that comes with an electronic indicator to notify you when you needed to change filters.
When it comes to removing contaminants, It’s very effective. It uses an activated carbon made from coconut shells. It has the ability to remove chlorine and heavy metals. Brita Grand water 10 cup water tastes better because it’s more alkaline.
The dimensions are 10.5″ X 11″ X 4.5″. When it comes to the life of the filters, each filter will give about 40 gallons of filtered water before the indicator light tells to replace the filters. It’s fair to say Brita Grand water pitcher is among the most popular filter on the market today. Lets now dive in and look at the pros and cons.
⇒Recommended Post: Best Brita Water Filter Pitcher
ZeroWater 8 Cup Round Pitcher Review
As you know, there are lots of water filter pitchers in the market, but ZeroWater Filter Pitcher is in a class of its own when it comes to the ability to removes contaminants from water. It removes all the dissolved substance from water. When you buy this pitcher, it comes with a tester for measuring the total dissolved substance in water.
ZeroWater filters use a 5-stage filtration process that removes almost all the dissolved substance. The five processes are:
- The first step is a fine filter screen for removing debris in the water. This filter only deals with solid contaminants but not dissolved chemicals.
- After removing solid debris, the second step is a special filter foam that removes additional suspended solids.
- The third stage involves water passing through multiple layers of activated carbons which removes contaminants such as chlorine, chloramines, pesticides, and herbicides.
- Next step, water passes through ion exchange through the resin. At this stage, inorganic chemicals such as fluoride. At this stage, limescale is removed.
- The final stage is another fine screen filter for removing suspended solids.
You might be wondering what are the downsides, for sure, this pitcher carries a hefty price tag when you add the cost of filters. Although the startup cost is not that high, the cost of filters is on the higher side. With that out of the way, let us look at the pro and cons.
- Best Filter Pitcher :Aquasana vs Aquagear vs Zerowater vs Clearly
Please Note: All pricing links take you to Amazon.com unless otherwise noted. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.