- What are shower filters?
- How do they work?
- Types of shower filter?
- What do they remove?
- What are the best shower filters?
- How long do they last?
- How to clean shower filters?
- Do vitamin C shower filter work?
- Are vitamin c shower filters safe?
- What is KDF?
- What are inline shower filters
- Do shower filters work for hard water?
- 1 What are shower filters?
- 2 How do they work?
- 3 Types of shower filter?
- 4 What do they remove?
- 5 What are the best shower filters?
- 6 How long do they last?
- 7 How to clean Shower Filter?
- 8 Do Vitamin-C Filters Work.
- 9 Are vitamin c shower filters safe?
- 10 What Is KDF?
- 11 What are inline shower filters?
- 12 Do shower filters work for hard water?
What are shower filters?
A shower filter is a device that is used to remove contaminants from water. The filter is normally attached to the shower head. Unlike a whole house water filter, a shower filter is a point of use filter. Meaning filtration takes place when water reaches the shower head.
How do they work?
Shower filters are made with a filtration media. As water flows through the shower head, contaminants such as chemicals and sediments are removed. The most common filtration media used include carbon, KDF, and Vitamin C. Most shower filters use a multi-stage process to purify water.
Types of shower filter?
There are many types of shower filters. The type is determined by the filtration media that each uses. Example shower filters include the following.
- Activated Carbon– Carbon is the most absorbent substance know to man. It’s a traditional media for filtration. Activated Carbon is gotten from carbonaceous materials such as coconut shell and wood.
- Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF)– This a metal made by combining copper and zinc. When water comes into contact with KDF an electrochemical reaction takes place that neutralizes harmful substances.
- Vitamin C- Reacts and neutralizes chemicals that are in water such as chlorine and chloramines.
What do they remove?
They remove common water contaminants such as chlorine, chloramines, dust, rust, organic compounds and lead among others.
What are the best shower filters?
When choosing which shower filter to buy, you should consider which types of contaminants are in your water. If you looking to buy a shower filter look at our latest reviews and rating of the best shower filter on this link.
How long do they last?
The longevity of a shower filter depends on how it’s the usage. However, on average a single shower filter is able to handle 10,000 gallons of water. For most homes, this will last about six months. Some shower filters have a longer lifespan and are able last up-to 15,000 gallons. Vitamin-C shower filter gets depleted much firster than carbon filters.
How to clean Shower Filter?
The first step is to take the shower filter apart. Next, use water and a sponge to scrub the filter and the rink with water. Then put back the shower together. After installing the shower filter back run water through it for a few minutes to see if it is leaking. This process should be done once or twice per year.
Do Vitamin-C Filters Work.
Although some people claim that vitamin c filter doesn’t work, this has proven to false by testes. These tests have shown that vitamin-c removes up to 99% of chlorine from water. Vitamin-c is a very strong antioxidant that neutralizes many chemicals. In fact, vitamin-c is one of the few filters that can remove 99% of chloramines from water.
Are vitamin c shower filters safe?
Showering with vitamin-c water does not pose any health risk. In fact, vitamin-c has a lot of benefits to the skin. Vitamin c improves the collagen production making the skin look healthy and younger. Furthermore, the vitamin c used is pharmaceutical grade. It, therefore, poses no health risks.
What Is KDF?
KDF is a metal alloy made up of mixing copper and zinc. KDF can remove chemicals like chlorine, iron, and mercury from water by reacting with them. A Germany company developed the technology in the 1980s. Foods and Drugs Admin (FDA) has certified KDF as meeting the safe water standard. KDF removes up to 98% of free chlorine from water.
What are inline shower filters?
This a shower filter that is installed on your shower. unlike another shower filter that comes attached to a showerhead, An inline shower can be attached to your existing shower head. It has a removable cartridge that can be replaced.
Do shower filters work for hard water?
Shower filter will not soften water the way a water softener will. When you are showering with hard water, shower filter will only be able to remove chemicals such as chlorine, but will not be able to remove minerals.