After a new round of research and digging through hundreds of customer reviews, the following are the best submersible pumps for domestic use.
(Here’s a quick summery:)
- Best of the Best: Zoeller M53 Mighty-Mate(Amazon link)
- Best Mid Range Pump: WAYNE CDU980E 3/4 HP (Amazon link)
- 1 Domestic Submersible Pumps Reviews
- 1.1 WAYNE CDU980E 3/4 HP Submersible
- 1.2 Zoeller M53 Mighty-Mate Submersible
- 1.3 Hydrofarm Active Aqua AAPW25
- 1.4 Hallmark Industries Deep Well
- 1.5 OrangeA Deep Well
- 1.6 Red Lion RL22G10
- 1.7 Amarine deep well
- 2 Submersible Well Pumps FAQs
- 3 What to look for in submersible pumps for domestic use
- 3.1 What are submersible pumps?
- 3.2 How does submersible water pumps work?
- 3.3 Advantages of submersible pump
- 3.4 Disadvantage Of submersible pumps
- 3.5 Types of the submersible pump-
- 3.6 How to install a submersible pump?
- 3.7 What is the multistage submersible pump?
- 3.8 What is a submersible pump control box?
- 3.9 Why the submersible pump trip?
- 3.10 Related posts
Domestic Submersible Pumps Reviews
WAYNE CDU980E 3/4 HP is another sump pump that has been around for a long time. Wayne comapny has been manufacturing water pump for more than 80 years. One thing ‘s for sure, this is not a fly-by night company.
They’ve built a reputation with their customers that’s second to none. One look at WAYNE CDU980E 3/4 HP shows why it has been so popular for so long. In fact, this model is one of the most recommended choices by many experts in the field.
It comes with 3/4 horsepower motor which can move up to 4600 gallons of water per hour. It has an installed sediment filter to prevent clogging. The external casing is made up of stainless steel and cast iron so you can be sure it’s corrosion-resistant.
With WAYNE CDU980E you Get…
- Corrosion-resistant sump pump which makes it durable. This is unlike other models, it does not clog easily because of design that incorporates a sediment filter to remove debris.
- Excellent customer support.
- Strong design but not too heavy to move around
- Tolerable noise levels
Best for clearing domestic effluent and waste water
The Zoeller M53 Mighty-mate delivers excellent results when you’ve domestic wastewater and effluent. Corrosion-resistant
Let’s get to the point, there are lots of submersible sump pump on the market currently, but few of them can go head to head with the Zoeller M53 Mighty-mate submersible sump pump when it comes to reliability and solid construction.
In addition to that, Zoeller M53 has an exception external cast and it’s hermetically sealed. This is important for the submersible pump because they operate in very damp conditions.
As you probably know, the Zoeller company has been one of the top sump pump manufacturers for years. The company is based in Louisville, Kentucky, and they have been in operation for over 70 plus years, in fact, it’s one of the best-known pump manufacturers in the United States.
M53 has strong impellers which give it the power to handle up to 2,580 gallons per hour at 15 feet. Zoeller M53 runs on Alternating Current (AC) draws maximum amps of 9.5 amps with a voltage of 115 volts.
With Zoeller M53 You Get…
- Excellent performance and reliability. It has the ability to pump 43 Gallons of water per minute at 5’ TDH.
- Excellent cast iron that is Hermetically sealed and a 1/3 HP motor.
- Corrosion-resistant: Casing is made of cast iron which is coated with epoxy to protect against corrosion.
- Ease to move around because it has a stainless steel handle which makes it very portable.
- Adequate length power cord, so you don’t need to buy extension power cords.
Hydrofarm Active Aqua AAPW25
If you just require a simple pump that can go underwater, Hydrofarm Active Aqua AAPW25 can be a good option. while it may not be the cheapest pump on the market, it’s certainly one of the most affordable high-quality submersible pump around. In fact, when you look around, it’s one of the most popular product in this category.
This model is able to move up to 250 gallons per hour. It’s an environmentally friendly pump because it does not use any oils, and it’s BPA free so you can use it in fish ponds. It comes with a 6-foot heavy duty power cord. It has an installed foam filter to remove sediment, therefore, prevent clogging.
With Hydrofarm Active Aqua AAPW25 You Get…
- Ability to move up to 250 gallons per hour
- Does not use oils and it’s BPA free making safe to use for drinking water.
- Foam filter to remove sediments
- Powerful mag drive construction
Hallmark Industries Deep Well
Though made for domestic use, Hallmark MA0414X is kind of an industrial standard pump. It is made of stainless steel, and therefore, resistance to corrosion. So you can be sure it’s long-lasting. In addition, It works quietly without making noise. It uses a 1.0 horsepower electric motor, and it has a 10-inch electric cord.
Hallmark submersible is highly reliable for home use because it’s energy efficiency. Unlike other plastic pumps, it is resistant to corrosion because of the heavy-duty stainless steel casing. Unlike other noisy models, this model doesn’t create noise pollution. Its priced at a reasonable price compared to other expensive models. A flow rate of 33 GPM is more than enough for most homes.
With Hallmark You Get…
- Flow rater of 33 GPM
- 90 PSI pressure
- 1.0 Hoarse power
- Heavy duty stainless steel
- 230 Volts and 750 Watts
- Electric motors
OrangeA Deep Well
OrangeA is a solid brand know for making quality products. This model is specifically made for domestic use, but it’s of industrial stardard. Flow rate of 25 GPM is great for a domestic water consumption. Also, it energy efficient because the motor rans at 0.5 horsepower.
- Submersible down to a water depth of 125ft
- Can be placed vertically or horizontally
- Motor 0.5HP at 110V
- A maximum flow rate of 25 GPM
- Comes with a 5ft long electric cord
- Inbuilt check valve
Editor’s Rating [usr 4.2]
OrangeA can pump water from 150 feet underwater. It’s a 0.5Hp so you can be sure it is energy efficient. The casing of the device is made with industrial-grade stainless steel. In addition, the pump can be mounted either vertically or horizontally.
What I like
OrangeA submersible is well-balanced and energy-efficient. In addition, it does not need a control box because it has an inbuilt starter. It is also very reasonably priced compared to other models which can be pretty expensive.
What I don’t like
The electric cables are of a small gauge which might be prone to overheat. Also, customer s complained that the manufacturer could have done a better job on the manual because instructions are kind of unclear when installing.
- Body made of stainless steel
- can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- Reasonable price
- 25 GPM flow rate
- Small gauge wires
- Manual not very clear
Red Lion RL22G10
Red lion is also a big player in the water equipments space. They are known to make high quality water equipments . Red Lion RL22G10 is an easy to install that uses a heavy duty voltage motor. You can choose avariant of options: 23GPM 1HP, 12GPM 0.75 GPM, and 16GPM 0.75HP.
- Variant options 1 HP
- Flow rate 22 GPM,
- inbuilt check valve
- 30/50 pressure switch
- Automatic pressure switch
Editor’s Rating [usr 4.5]
Red Lion RL12G10 is energy efficient and reliable pump. It has a flow rate of 22 gallons per minute. Because of the inbuilt valve check, it does clog easy. It’s single phase 230 vols and three wire unit. The extra wire is for winding up when installing.
What I like
RL12G10 is a well-designed device. In addition, it is energy efficient. The stainless steel body ensures that it won’t corrosion and won’t rust. The wire is good to gauge and I’m sure will last for a long time.
This is one of the most pricey submersible pumps.
- Energy efficient
- Strong gauge wire
- Inbuilt check valve
- Does rust
- Two-year warranty
- Not noisy
- Price is on the high end
- some clients complain that it died after three years
Amarine deep well
Amarine-made 24V is small powerful pump that is made with a stainless stell shell. It ‘s one of the most space efficient submersible pump because it is small with dimension of 14.6 X 5.1 X 4.5 inches.
- 24 Volts DC
- 3 chamber design
- A flow rate of 3GPM
- Maximum submersion Depth 100ft
Editor’s Rating [usr 3.5]
Amerine submersible was designed so that it can even with a solar panel. Therefore, this makes it ideal for remote areas where there is no reliable electricity. in addition, it can be used without voltage control devices. It is super easy to hook up and install. It’s ideal for application such as an openwell submersible pump for livestock watering.
What I don’t like
The fact that Amerine can be run with a different source of electricity gives it a lot of versatility. It is also space efficient. Finally, you will not have to break the bank to get it.
What I don’t like
The flow rate of 3 gallons per minute is on the low side but still very ideal for domestic use.
- Energy efficient
- not very expensive
- easy to hook up
- can be run with solar panels
- Space effficient
- Low flow rate at 3GPM
Submersible Well Pumps FAQs
What to look for in submersible pumps for domestic use
- Gallons per minute (GPM) This measures the flow rate or the amount of water that flow per minute. If your water consumption is high, you should go for a pump with a high flow rate. Some might have a flow rate of about Three gallons per minute while others might have as high as 25.
- The Well Diameter. You should consider the diameter of your borewell to ascertain the size of the pump. You should always leave some allowance for the operation
- Power – For domestic pumps a Horsepower of 0.5- 1.0 is ideal. You should consider that the higher the power consumption of your pump the high the more you will pay in power bills.
- Material– To prevent the pump from corrosion stainless steel is the best material for making the casing of the pump. You should avoid borewell submersible pumps that are made from cheap plastic materials or iron that might rust quickly.
- Wiring- Some have two wires while others have three. The two wires are for power +ve and – ve while the third wire is for controlling the pump
What are submersible pumps?
It’s hermetically sealed motor close-coupled to the pump body. The device is submerged under water deep in the well. This kind of device was used in the oil extractive industry. The main advantage of this model that it prevents pump cavitations. They have many applications including sewage draining and well pumping.
How does submersible water pumps work?
It’s meant to operate when it is completely submerged in water. In fact, it will not work if it’s not completely covered. When it is underwater it pushes the water to the pipe. The submerged normally uses a motor powered by electricity. The motor is sealed in its casing such that it does not come into contact with water.
Advantages of submersible pump
- Because the Submersible pump is covered in water, it does not have to be primed.
- They are efficient because they don’t use a lot of power to move water into the pump.
- They are quite so they overcome one of the biggest disadvantages of pumps which is noise pollution.
- Low maintenance
Disadvantage Of submersible pumps
- The seal which encloses the pump and the motor can become corroded over time.
- They tend to a little pricey
Types of the submersible pump-
There are two types of submersible pumps. The first types have submerged motor which is enclosed into a casing. The Second type is where a dry motor submersible pump. Most of these are classified as monoblock pump. The dry motor is connected with to the pump by a shaft.
How to install a submersible pump?
What is the multistage submersible pump?
Multistage has to impellers that are placed on the same shaft and driven by the same motor. Note, the impeller is the rotating part of the pump that moves the water or liquid.
What is a submersible pump control box?
Control boxes are a device that regulates the flow rate of water pressure by adjusting the system. In other words, control act as the remote control of the submerged pump although it is connected through wires. Normally, control boxes seek to maintain the following parameters.
- -A minimum pressure of 30 psi
- -Maintaining enough water level in the storage tank
- -Protecting it during a power surge and outages.
Why the submersible pump trip?
The most common reason that submersible pumps trip is because the motor casing got eroded and water got into the system and short-circuited it. Sometimes the bearing is worn off and it makes it hard for the shaft to move, so the starting current becomes high for the circuit breaker.