I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by my opinions and endorsements! Read more on our Affiliate Disclosure
Having Chlorine and chloramine in your bathing water is harmful to your skin and hair. Chlorine and Chloramines are added to the water to kill germs, but they can negatively affect your health.
This is why you should install the best shower filter for chloramine and chlorine. It makes your hair and skin look younger, and your hair feeling great.
After combing through hundreds of shower filters reviews and spending hours researching the best for chloramine and chlorine, I think the following are the best for most people.
- Best Overall: Inline Water Filter Shower Filter by Sonaki “#ad
- Best Value: Sante Ultimate Dual KDF Shower Filter #ad
- Budget Pick: AquaBliss High Output Universal Shower #ad
Best Shower Filters for Chloramine
1. Sonaki Inline Shower Filter- Best Vitamin-C Shower Filter
Vitamin-C, also known as ascorbic acid, is an extremely powerful antioxidant and has been proven to remove 99% of chloramines and chlorine from shower water.
Sonaki inline vitamin-C the best selling vitamin-C inline shower filter in the market today. This Korean made shower head filter is fitted with a durable cartridge that is able to purify 5, 000 liters or 11000 Gallons Per Cartridge. On buying the Sonaki inline, The filter comes with 3 cartridges.
If wondering why this filter is so much popular than other similar products. Well, it’s a great filter that gives the water of the highest quality.
In addition, it’s an inline filter, therefore, you can just attach the filter to your existing shower-head. Removes 99% of chlorine and chloramines leaving you with soft clean water.
Sonaki vitamin C gives you…
- A way to remove 99.9% of poisonous chemicals such as chlorine & chloramine that damage your skin.
- A way to Nourish your skin with vitamin c which has lots of benefits to the skin -it helps in the production collagen -It protects the skin from aging and removes free radicals from the skin and prevent skin conditions such as eczema.
- Ability to attach the filter to any showerhead -this’s great because you don’t have to replace your existing showerhead if don’t want.
- Three extra vitamin C cartridges each with the capacity to filter 5,000 liters each.
- You will never run out of vitamin-c without noticing because of transparent housing.
- A hassle-free way to install and replace filters -you don’t need the help of anyone to replace cartridges with inline shower and comes with a one year warranty.
Finally, Sonaki uses 100% natural vitamin. Each cartridge has 25,500 mg of vitamin-C which is approximately equal to 500 oranges.
2. Sante ULTIMATE Dual Shower Filter for Chloramine
Our Chloramine shower filter review we have picked the new Ultimate dual KDF shower filter that removes a wide range of chemicals and compounds as the best shower filter for chloramine.
Sante set out to create the most efficient shower filter, at the best possible price to the buyer.
In fact, unlike most shower filters that are not able to remove stubborn contaminants such as fluoride, this shower filter is able to remove up to half of the fluoride present in water.
Because Sante contains a large amount of KDF 55, it’s able to remove a large number of contaminants from shower water which is ideal of even well water. Common contaminants include chloramine, chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals, and volatile organic matter. Ultimate Dual-use activated catalytic carbon to remove chlorine and chloramine.
Is the Sante ULTIMATE for You
Buy the Sante Ultimate dual if you like:
- Great water pressure: Because water goes through both sides of the shower head filter, the shower filter reduces the amount of time that water spends with filtration media. This ensures that the filter will not reduce water pressure.
- The only KDF 55 shower filter is able to remove chloramine. Unlike vitamin c shower filter which needs you to add vitamin c regularly, ultimate dual doesn’t.
- Dual Turbo action: You will not lose any water pressure because water comes in through both sides of the shower filter.
- Filters chlorine up 99.9%: most cities put chlorine in their water. Chlorine is very harmful to your hair and skin because it makes it dry and itchy. This is one of the best for chlorine.
- Long-lasting replacement filters: Because KDF and activated catalytic carbon don’t run out quickly the filter cartridges are long-lasting. You will not need to replace the filter for a year.
- super easy to install or replace Sante water filter.
You must be asking yourself what are the downside of this shower filter. Well, as I was researching on customer reviews I did come across some people who side that the claim that each shower head filter can last up to one year is a bit optimistic. Taking that into consideration, it’s still a good offer compared to other products even if the filter was to get depleted in Six months. Lets now dive in and check the pros and cons of this Sante Ultimate Dual Shower Filter.
3. AquaBliss High Output Universal- Best Shower Filter for Hard Water
px !important;” src=”https://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=22884631-20&language=en_US&l=li2&o=1&a=B01G7AZB96″ alt=”” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ />Another popular shower filter in the market today is the High Output Universal Shower filter by AquaBliss.
This shower filter uses an advanced level of purification to remove chlorine, chloramines heavy metals, bacteria pesticides, fungi, and algae. You can be sure when you install this shower filter, your level of hygiene will go a level higher.
The shower filter uses a 3-Stage Filtration process which combines calcium sulfite, KDF 55, and carbon. Because of this combination, the unit is able to filter both hot and cold water. Activated coconut shell carbon is good at filtering out chlorine and a wide range of contaminants from shower water; thus, improving the quality of the water which helps to prevent itchy skin. Your water will feel softer and soap will lather up easily.
AquaBliss High Output Gives You…
- A way to improve your hygiene by removing contaminants such as bacteria, pesticides, fungi, and mold.
- Captures chlorine up to 99.9%
- A way of rejuvenating your skin and hair.
- Filter both hot and cold Shower water
- Filters cartridges that last for 8 months
- A way to reduce dry itchy skin, dandruff, and eczema.
High Output Universal shower head is designed to be an inline shower filet, and because of its universal connection, The shower filter is able to be attached to any kind of shower head including fixed, handheld and rain shower heads. Finally, it’s one of the best shower filter for filtering chlorine. You don’t need any tool to install it.
5. Aquasana AQ-4100 Deluxe Shower Filter-Best for Hard Water
If you have done your research, you may be wondering why Aquasana AQ- Deluxe is such a popular unit with positive reviews after positive reviews. Well, It’s simple. It’s very effective in removing chlorine from water.
More importantly, the AQ-4100 deluxe shower filter simple design enables it to maintain the water pressure.
The high pressure is also enhanced by the up-flow design structure also ensures consistency of pressure by preventing backflow. In addition, the cartridges are quite reliable and last up to 10,000 gallons.
Aquasana AQ-4100 gives you…
- A way to remove poisonous substances from water- using a blend of copper, zinc, and carbon.
- A simple design that prevents backflow and increases pressure.
- 10,000 gallons of purified water per filter – this among the most reliable filters in the market today.
- A way to quickly change filters even if you don’t have experience using a shower filter. It’s very easy to install because you just need to attach it to the shower arm.
When I was researching for the Aquasana shower filler review, some reports of leaking were reported by customers. But the overall conclusion of most buyers was an overwhelming consensus that Aquasana AQ-4100 is an effective product.
6. UBS Vita Fresh Vitamin C Shower Filter
Another popular vitamin c unit is UBS vita fresh. It’s not without cause that it has countless positive reviews from buyers who have tried it. It is the most versatile shower filter and gives great water purification.
It’s among the few shower head filters that use both vitamin-C and carbon. Vitamin-c neutralizes chloramines while carbon gets rid of chlorine and volatile organic chemicals.
Consequently, the blend of vitamin-C and carbon enables UBS to remove lots of contaminants eg chlorine, chloramines, and organic compounds.
Few vitamin-c shower filter can rival vita fresh when it comes to the durability of cartridges. Its filters can last up to 10,000 liters. Finally, UBS vita uses pharmaceutical grade vitamin-C, so you can be sure it is safe to use.
Features and Specs
- Pharmaceutical grade vitamin-c to help in nourishing the skin and hair
- Transparent vitamin-c casing, so it easy to detect when the vitamin is depleted
- Filter life of 10,000 liters or 2641 gallons
- Able to filter out chloramine
- Product Dimensions: 2 X 2 X 4.2
- Filters with both vitamin-c and carbon, so it can remove a wide range of contaminants
Looking at the customer reviews. While there were some few complains that UBS is made from plastic and it leaks easily, the general consensus by a majority of customers is that it’s a great product with healthy skin and hair. Use this link to see the real reviews here.
7. HotelSpa Fusion Shower Filter
HotelSpa Fusion is a refillable handheld vitamin-C filter. It has a great design that looks amazing and is able to neutralize harmful chemicals such as chloramine.
A super easy to refill the cartridges and it can be done just a minute. It has 7 high sprays to give the user high powered spray variety. It's easy to install and you can install your self without needing an expert. you just attach it to the shower arm.
It comes with extra flexible stainless steel hose which is easy to maneuver. In addition, it has an angle bracket to help adjust the overhead unit.
Features and Spec
- Refillable vitamin-C cartridges, so don't have to keep on buying new cartridges every time.
- Able to remove chloramine using vitamin c
- Handheld Vitamin-C filtration system
- 7 spray settings ranging from pulsating massage to economy rain
- 5' stainless steel hose
- One year supply of vitamin C powder
when I was researching this HotelSpa fusion Vitamin-C review, I noticed that a few customers complained that the vitamin-C runs out quickly. But, the overwhelming majority said that the shower filter works well and the water quality was great and it remove chloramine.
8. Bath & Relax Filtered Handheld Shower Filter
As you know, there are lots of shower filters on the market today, but few of them use mineral ball filtration. These balls use negative ions to soften water. Thus, Bath & Relax handheld shower-head will be great for you if soft water is what you are looking for.
I know how uncomfortable it is when showering courses your skin to start itching, or hair loss. Which is why I've included this product because it really makes a big difference.
One look at Bath and Relax shower-head and you will realize how unique this handheld system is. In addition, it uses a micro nozzle mechanism to help in water conservation.
Features and Specs
- Uses bio-active stones to help soften hard water that makes your hair silky
- A micro-nozzle mechanism for water conservation
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 3 sprays patterns: rainfall, massage and jetting
9. Sprite HO2-WH shower filter
Sprite HO2-WH shower filter removes up to 99% of chlorine in the water. It also removes sediments, dirt, rust, and other unwanted substances in water. Furthermore, it comes with a showerhead that you can choose to use, or you can continue using your old showerhead.
Unlike the others, Sprite HO2-WH can last for 12 months. This makes them the most durable cartridges on the market. Each cartridge can clean 20,000 gallons of water.
Additionally, Sprite shower replacement cartridges are available at a reasonable price compared to others. Replacing cartridges pretty easy because you are just required to unscrew the shower head filter and remove the old cartridge and replace it with a new one and screw back the system.
What I like
Further, It comes with a Teflon tape which you should wrap on the threads. to prevent water from leaking out and to make sure it is fixed properly. If you live where your water smells using Sprite HO2-WH shower filter is a good option. Carbon, KDF 55.
Chlorgon systems are also good for water gotten fro boreholes because carbon is very efficient in filtering out sediments and other water-soluble heavy metals, and it removes the terrible smell from water.
Also, Sprite is a reputable brand with a proven track record of making good quality products. Therefore, you can have some confidence that the shower filter does what it says it does.
Finally, Sprite HO2- WH is good for traveling. Therefore, if you don’t want safe water for showering when staying in a motel, You can carry this product.
10. Berkey shower filter- Berkey Shower Filter WITHOUT Shower Head
In the field of water filters, the Berkey company is among the top manufacturer. It makes such popular products such as the Berkey countertop filter.
The shower filter uses a blend of KDF and calcium sulfate which makes it Perfect for eliminating chlorine, chloramine, dirt, and odors. This combination of filtration agents ensures that it's effective hot and cold water.
Each cartridge lasts 20,000 gallons making it among the longest-lasting cartridges. the shower filter has a backflush attachment to prevent clogging.
Features and Specs Berkey shower filter
- Backflush attachment to prevent clogging
- Cartridges last 20,000 which is among the most durable in the market
- Combines KDF and Calcium sulfate for removing chlorine and chloramine
- Easy to replace shower head filters
Installation is super easy and you can do it in a minute because to install the shower filter involves just screwing the filter on the shower arm.
What to consider when before buying a shower filter?
- The lifespan of the shower filter
- Type of water whether city water or well water, hard water or soft water.
- Availability of replacement filters
- Real-life performance of the shower filter( reviews)
- Removes Chlorine or chloramine which helps with itchy skin
- Types of chemicals the shower filter is able to handle e.g iron or chloramine and hard water
- Ease of use: installation, shower head filter cartridge replacement of the shower filter
- You should know what you need to filter out of the water. This because the quality of water differs from one place to another.
What is chloramine?
Strictly speaking, there are three compounds that go by the name chloramine: monochloramine, dichloramine and trichloramine with the following chemical formulas respectively NH2CL2, NHCL2, and NCL2. These molecules are a combination of ammonia and chlorine to form chloramine. As grouped, they are referred to as chloramines because their molecules oscillate between the three formations.
When disinfects added to water mix with organic chemicals in water, they produce some byproducts. These byproducts are unhealthy. To protect public health, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) introduced a rule regulating the levels of byproducts acceptable in water.
Consequently, some cities such as NYC adopted chloramines as a disinfectant because it has few by-products compared to chlorine so as to comply with these rules.
Best Methods of filtering Chloramines
1.ultraviolet light - Beverage companies have been using this method to remove chloramine and chlorine for a long time, and it is an accepted method of neutralizing chloramine and chlorine.
2. Vitamin C- Vitamin C, also known as Ascorbic acid, is good at removing chloramine and chlorine from water.
3. Catalytic carbon- Carbon whose surface has been modified to make by going through a chemical process is called Catalytic carbon. Catalytic carbon-based filters can remove chloramine from water effectively.
4. Reverse osmosis- Another effective method of removing chloramine is by use of reverse osmosis.
I have found that for tap water the best method of removing chlorine from water is by use of under the sink filters. These under the sink filters can remove chloramine and chlorine efficiently. Some of them under the sink filters use activated carbon and other use reverse osmosis.
5. Activated carbon- These filters use replaceable cartridges to filter out chloramine and chlorine from the water. Activated-carbon under the sink filters process water on demand does not need a storage tank.
What is the difference between chlorine vs chloramine?
Compared to chlorine, chloramine is not as reliable in killing germs Unlike chlorine, chloramine stays longer in the water longer Chloramine is stubborn to remove from water Unlike chlorine, chloramine is more stable and does not react with other chemicals
What are the Benefits of using a shower filter system?
- Reduces chlorine and chloramine
- Makes hard water softer
- Stops bacteria and viruses
- Reduces harmful chemicals
- Make drinking water safe for children
Why should you remove chloramines from water?
- It can trigger breathing problems if you inhale the chloramine vapor.
- It damages the skin
- Exposure to chloramine can cause hair loss
- Long-term exposure to chloramine has been shown to cause asthma
Shower Filter FAQs
A shower filter is a device that is used to remove contaminants like chloramine and Chlorine from the water. A shower filter is normally attached to the showerhead. Unlike a whole house water filter, a shower head filter is a point of use filter. Meaning filtration takes place when water reaches the showerhead.
A shower filter is made with a filter. As water flows through the showerhead, contaminants such as chemicals like chloramine and sediments are removed. The most common filtration used include carbon, KDF, and Vitamin C. A shower filter uses a multi-stage process to purify water. If you’ve stubborn contaminants such as chloramine you will need to use vitamin c shower filter.
- Putting chlorine and chloramine in drinking water is a wonder of modern science because the shower filter does a good job of fighting water-borne diseases like cholera and typhoid.
- But, when chlorine or chloramine is in the shower water is not so healthy it erodes the protective oil layer that is found in the skin and hair.
- The stripping of the oil layer leaves your skin feeling dry, and it weakens your hair. Chlorine and chloramines are disinfectants, and their primary function of disinfectant is to kill living things. Chlorine does an excellent job of killing pathogens found in water.
- However, you don’t want chlorine to enter your body through the skin. Filtering shower water is the most effective method of removing chlorine from your water.
There are many types of shower filters. The type is determined by the filter that each uses. Examples of shower filter include the following.
Activated Carbon- Carbon is the most absorbent substance know to man. Activated Carbon is gotten from carbonaceous materials such as coconut shells and wood.
Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF)- This a metal made by combining copper and zinc. When water comes into contact with KDF an electrochemical reaction takes place that neutralizes harmful substances.
Vitamin C- Reacts and neutralizes chemicals that are in water such as chlorine and chloramine.
They remove common water contaminants such as chlorine, chloramine, dust, rust, organic compounds and lead among others.
It depends on the kind of contaminants you want to get rid of. It is easy to purify water that has been treated with chlorine because unlike chloramine can be removed by almost all filtration methods. On the other hand, removing chloramine is a bit difficult because Carbon shower filter and KDF on their own don’t remove chloramine. You will need a shower filter that uses vitamin c or activated catalytic carbon.
The longevity of the best shower filter depends on how it's the usage. However, on average a single shower filter is able to handle 10,000 gallons of water.
For most homes, this will last about six months. Some shower filters have a longer lifespan and are able to last up to 15,000 gallons. Vitamin-C shower filter gets depleted much firster than carbon shower filters.
- Aquabliss SF100 vs SF220 vs SF300 (Pros, Cons & Comparison)
- Best Water Softener for Well Water with Iron (Reviews & Buying Guide 2020)
IN THIS POST
- 1 Best Shower Filters for Chloramine
- 1.1 1. Sonaki Inline Shower Filter- Best Vitamin-C Shower Filter
- 1.2 2. Sante ULTIMATE Dual Shower Filter for Chloramine
- 1.3 3. AquaBliss High Output Universal- Best Shower Filter for Hard Water
- 1.4 4. Pelican Water PSF-1NH 3-Stage Shower Filter – Best for Chlorine & Prevention of Hair Loss
- 1.5 5. Aquasana AQ-4100 Deluxe Shower Filter-Best for Hard Water
- 1.6 6. UBS Vita Fresh Vitamin C Shower Filter
- 1.7 7. HotelSpa Fusion Shower Filter
- 1.8 8. Bath & Relax Filtered Handheld Shower Filter
- 1.9 9. Sprite HO2-WH shower filter
- 1.10 10. Berkey shower filter- Berkey Shower Filter WITHOUT Shower Head
- 2 What to consider when before buying a shower filter?
- 3 What is chloramine?
- 4 Best Methods of filtering Chloramines
- 5 What is the difference between chlorine vs chloramine?
- 6 Shower Filter FAQs