Having an RV water softener comes with lots of advantages. The major one being able to enjoy softened water when you’re on the road.
So, it’s important that you choose the very best RV water softener that is able to deal with hard water and get rid of contaminants such as iron and others.
Keep in mind that an RV water softener needs to portable and work more efficiently than whole house softeners because of limited space in an RV.
Below, I’ll walk you through what to look for and give you my recommendations for the 5 best RV water softeners.
(But first, a brief summary:)
- Top Pick Rv Water Softener: On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT
- Best High capacity RV water softener: Watts M7002 Flow-Pur
- Best salt-free Water softener: Triple Action Poly Salt-Free
- 1 On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT-Portable Grain RV Water Softener
- 2 Mobile-Soft-Water Portable 16,000 Grain
- 3 Watts Water Quality/Condition M7002 Flow-Pur RV-Pro 10,000
- 4 Portable Water Softener 16,000 Grain Review
- 5 Triple Action Poly Salt-Free Water Softener
On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT-Portable Grain RV Water Softener
Overview: If you’re looking for a portable water softener that will give lots of soft water fast, you should, without doubt, try out OTG4-DBLSOFT portable RV softener. If you need something with a little more capability, it’s the right choice for you.
The OTG4 has tons of great features. It comes with 8,000-grain capacity, which makes one of the portable water softeners with the highest capacity. In case you are wondering what is the difference between OTG4 and OTG3, the 0TG4 has can regenerate pretty quickly with its 8,000-grain capacity. And the OTG4 has the capability of softening 30% more water than other portable units.
Quite a few real-life users of OTG4 portable water softener have reported that they really love the fact that it takes a short time to fully regenerate -the regeneration takes less than 15 minutes. Another great thing, it is not difficult to add salt to this water softener. Also, its compact design makes it super easy to carry around and handle. With that said let’s look at the features and benefits of otg4 bdlsoft.
Features and Benefits of OTG4-DBLSOFT-Portable Grain RV Water Softener
- With OTG4 you get faster regeneration – it takes 15 minutes to fully regenerate.
- Compact design which makes it easy to carry around; it does not take up lots of space, and you can install it on the tightest of corners.
- The on the Go also features a wide mouth making it easy to add salt.
- Removes water hardness to a large extent.
My only issue with OTG4 is the small grain capacity of 8,000 grains which makes it require regular regeneration. However, this is not a deal breaker because its regeneration is pretty quick less than 15 minutes. With that said, let us look at both the pros and cons.
Mobile-Soft-Water Portable 16,000 Grain
Another RV water softener that is worth looking at is the Mobile-Soft-Water-Portable softener. Now before we jump in and look at the in-depth details, you should know that this is one of the high capacity RV softeners, form the grain capacity standpoint, it has a grain capacity of 16,000; thus, if you want a system that will go for a long time before it requires to regenerate, Mobile-soft-water will do.
The compact design and small size make it ideal for small spaces, and you can carry it around with much hassle. I love the fact it’s is able to remove dissolved iron; thus, preventing the staining that comes from using water with a high amount of iron. It comes with all the features you would want in an RV water softener such as the ability to remove dissolved calcium and magnesium.
Features and Benefits of Mobile-Soft-Water Portable 16, 000 Grains
- Made in such a way that it is easy to handle and does not take up lots of space. Because of the small size, you can mount on the walls.
- Can remove up 16,000 grains of hardness before it requires regeneration -it’s one of the highest capacity softener available.
- If you’re using water with high levels of iron, Mobile-softer-water offers a little relief because it’s able to remove some soluble iron (not all iron) from water.
- Produces a good flow of water
When I was researching the reviews of the model, I come across some negative comments which were mostly around poor instruction and difficulties in refilling the resin tank. Let’s look at the pros and cons.
Watts Water Quality/Condition M7002 Flow-Pur RV-Pro 10,000
As you probably know, Watts Water Technologies company has been one of the leading manufacturers of water softeners for many years. They’ve built a good reputation in the market for making great products. One look at the Watts Pur RV-Pro 10,000 water softener and you will know why No serious discussion about portable RV water softener can happen without taking a look at this model.
This model is packed with all the features you would expect from a high-quality RV water softener, so if you need something with a little more punch, I would recommend Watts pur RV-pro. The basic thing you should know about this unit is that it’s unique in that it’s installed with custom made flow valves that allow regeneration without the need to connect or disconnect the unit. In addition to that, it has an output capacity of 4 gallons per minute which is more than adequate for most mobile homes.
And it’s very small in size makes it possible for anybody to carry around; it weighs 24 lbs. Some customers who bought this system said the loved that it uses the common table salt, and it doesn’t consume lots of salt. With that said let us dive in and read the in-depth features and benefits.
Features and Benefits of Watts Flow- Pur-RV-Pro 10,000
- Custom made valves that allow regeneration with interruption
- Light enough for anyone to carry around because of the mall compact design -it weights 24 libs only.
- An output flow rate of 4 gallons per minute
- Efficient consumption of salt. And uses the common table salt found in homes.
- Great customer care and responsiveness
- Cradle base that helps to stabilize the tank when it’s standing
You might be wondering what is the downside. While I was digging through the customer’s reviews I come across several people who said that on installing it fittings started leaking. Although this cases seemed to be isolated cases. You might need to tighten the fittings to ensure they are tight enough.
Portable Water Softener 16,000 Grain Review
First thing first, Portable Mobile-soft-water (TM) is 16,000 Grains water softener that was designed to be used in mobile homes and recreational vehicles. The portable mobile-soft-water is the most versatile on my list with its ability to remove different types of contaminants from water. I love the fact that it’s made with high-quality Brass Garden Hose connections, and it uses regular table salt.
The Portable Mobile-soft-water(TM) has the ability to remove more contaminants such as calcium, magnesium, and iron. Bear in mind that this is 16,000 grains system which means unlike other portable systems that have lower capacity, it’s able to go for a longer time before it requires regeneration. With an output flow rate of 5 Gallons per minute, it can comfortably handle the demand of most recreation vehicles.
Features and Benefits of Portable Mobile-soft-water (TM)
- Uses the normal table salt for regeneration
- High-quality workmanship with brass hose connections
- 16,000-grain capacity
- Easy to carry around
While I was researching the reviews people loved the fact that tests show that it produces really soft water. So, without further ado let’s jump in and check the pros and cons of this model.
Triple Action Poly Salt-Free Water Softener
One look at Triple Action Salt-Free Water softener and you will release that this is a high-quality product. In addition to the great look, it is packed with lots of great features like mounting brackets, and a compact design. Furthermore, it’s made with high BPA-free plastic.
As you probably know, Triple action poly is a salt-free water softener. This means it uses a salt-free technology to remove minerals are responsible for making water hard. This system uses a combination of polyphosphates and screen filters. The softener is completely BPA free, in fact, it has an NSF certification. With that said let’s look at the features in-depth.
Features and Benefits of Triple Action Salt-Free Water softener
- BPA free and NSF certified
- Salt-free -it uses a combination poly-phosphates and screen filter to remove calcium and magnesium.
- Ability to purify water at the rate of 30 gallons per minute at a maximum pressure of 140psi.
- Installed 5-micron sediment filter to increase the effectiveness of the system.
- Wall brackets are included for easy installation.
- It can be installed anywhere because of its compact design.
Although this softener is great because it does not use salt, you should know that it’s not able to deal with some contaminants such as iron and chloramine. The unit comes with a With that out of the way let’s dive in and look at the pros and cons.