For most people, taking a nice hot shower is the most relaxing thing after being on the road for a long time especially in chilly weather.
Unlike the tank water heating system which requires that you heat water in small quantities, with a tankless heater you can take long showers without running out of hot water. I’ve scoured the market to find the Best tankless water heater for RVs.
So, if you’re looking for the Best RV Tankless Water heater, I’ve got a ton of research and recommendation for you below:
(Here’s a quick overview of my picks, first:)
- Best of the Best: NEW RV ATWOOD 6 GALLON GAS/ELECTRIC GC6AA (Gas & Electrical)
- Best High Output: Precision Temp RV-55
- Best Budget Tankless Heater: Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Ventfree Outdoor Portable
- 1 Girard 2GWHAM Demand Tankless Water Heater Review
- 2 Precision Temp RV-550 Tankless Water Heater Review
- 3 NEW RV ATWOOD 6 GALLON GAS/ELECTRIC GC6AA
- 4 Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Ventfree Outdoor Portable
Girard 2GWHAM Demand Tankless Water Heater Review
The Girard 2GWHAM is for those looking to have the best Tankless Water Heater for their RV.
Before we dive in and look at the great features of Girard 2GWHAM, there are some basic things you should know about it.
It’s unique in a sense -it’s installed with a mechanism of keeping the desired level of temperature of hot water using a microprocessor which monitors the temperature of incoming water and the flow rate; therefore, adjusting itself to maintain steady water heating.
Due to its 42,000 BTUs, the 2GWHAM is ideal for an RV because it can provide you with good flow (not too strong and too weak) while at the same time not draining your propane supply quickly.
It’s also super easy to install because it does not need extra plumbing for LP gas. We also know that 2GWHAM happens to be very, very quiet during operation, so you won’t lose sleep if someone is taking a shower.
With Girard 2GWHAM You Get…
- A versatile tankless water heater with installed with a microprocessor for regulating water temperature by monitoring incoming water temperature and pressure.
- Safeguard protection against freezing during winter.
- Ideal flow rate without draining your propane supply quickly.
- A way to provide quiet operation and efficient operation.
- Super easy installation without needing extra LP gas lines or plumbing.
But on the other hand, most customers were happy with the performance of the heater; in addition to that, lots of verified buyers said that they loved the fact that it uses less propane than other models.
You might be wondering what are the downsides. Quite a few real-life customers have that the installation instructions are not very clear. This tankless heater also carries a hefty price tag. And with the downside out of the way, let us look at the pros and cons.
Precision Temp RV-550 Tankless Water Heater Review
The Precision Temp RV500 holds the credential of being one of the well known Tankless Water Heater and has been around for a long time.
In fact, most RV enthusiasts and experts have been recommending this model for a long time. The company is known for designing reliable products, and they’ve built a reputation with its customers that is second to none.
The RV500 is packed with all the great features you would want in a tankless water heater. It has a compact design, therefore, it does not take up lots of space. In addition to that, it weighs around 32 pounds making it one the lightest heater around.
Its control uses Variflame technology control system which makes very efficient in terms of controlling temperature and using propane efficiently. The science enables to modulate gas consumption depending on water temperature and flow rate. I love the fact that a 20-pound propane tank will give you more than 900 gallons of water. The RV 550 has got the following features.
Features and Benefits of Precision Temp RV-550
- Compact design which makes it perfect for RVs and Tiny houses. It takes half the space that other units take.
- Uses unique reliable VeriFLame technology that is energy efficient – making Precision Temp RV-550 propane efficient. A 20-pound tank of propane will give you over 900 gallons of hot water.
- Lightweight making it pretty easy to install
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 13.5 x 14.2 inches
- 55,000 BTU making one of the most powerful units in the market today.
My only issue with Precision Temp RV-550 is when you turn on the getting the right temperature that you want can be tricky. When you tune to the highest temp, the water can be scaldingly hot. If you are new, it will take some time to get used to tuning it. With that said, let us take a look at both the pros and cons of Precision Temp RV-550.
NEW RV ATWOOD 6 GALLON GAS/ELECTRIC GC6AA
Before we dive in and look at the features of the NEW RV Atwood 6 GALLON, there are some basic things you should know about this Tankless water heater; the New Atwood is unique in the sense that it’s is can be used as both an electric or LP-gas water heater. The flexibility to use it either with electrical power or gas can come in handy when you out of the blue run out of gas in the middle of nowhere.
As you know, there are lots of RV water heaters on the market today, but few brands are as well known as ATWOOD brands. In fact, it can be argued that Atwood is the RV Water heater what apple is to phones and PCs.
Their heaters have been very popular for a long time. If you’re looking for a reliable heating solution for your RV, you won’t go wrong with the NEW ATWOOD 6 GALLons. And without further ado lets look at its great features.
Features and Benefits of New RV Atwood Gas/Electrical
- It can is both an LP gas heater as well as an electric water heater.
- 8,800 BTUs of heating by its Gas burner
- It has an internal storage of 6-gallons. And it takes half an hour to regain full temperature.
- The ELectrical heater gives 1400W. When using the electrical heater, it recovers the 6-gallon storage in just one hour.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Straight forward installation
In case you are wondering why I’ve included this model as a tankless heater while it does use a small tank. Well, it takes a relatevely short time to recover. If you need quick recovery you can run both the LP gas and electric burners simultaneously, it will take only 15 minutes to recover. Let’s jump in and look at the pros and cons.
Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM Ventfree Outdoor Portable
The Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM is packed with great features, but the most unique feature is portability, which makes it ideal for outdoor activities.
And because it was designed to be used in the outdoors it doesn’t consume lots of energy, so you can be sure that it will not be depleting its propane supply quickly. Bear in mind that camplux 5L does not need venting which makes is it super easy to install and cost efficient.
Before We start looking at the in-depth details, you should know that Camplux 5L 1.32 GPM uses a 2D battery which allows it to ignite without electricity. In addition to that, it is made with the start of the art technology making it reliable and easy to operate in the outdoors. Let us dive in and look at the feature in-depth.
Camplux 5L 1.32 GMP Features and Benefits
- Compact design that makes it very portable
- DOes not need lots of pressure to fire up. It just needs 2.5 PSI.
- 2D battery operated, so it’s able to function without electricity.
- Installed anti-freezing protection
- Protection against oxygen depletion using a shut-off; thus, providing protection against carbon-monoxide poisoning.
- The output flow rate of 1.32 gallons of hot water per minute.
What are the downsides? some of the obvious downsides are the low flow rate of just 1.32 gallons per minute. In addition to that, When I was researching reviews for this heater, I notice a few customers who complained that thin rubber hose could not withstand very high temperatures. However, this is not a deal breaker because it’s super easy and cheap to replace the hose. With that said let us look at the pros and cons of this model.