I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by my opinions and endorsements!
When it comes to buying the best RV shower head, water pressure is the number one consideration for many people.
But for the best RV shower heads, water conservation also comes into play because in an RV water is limited.
Here’s the deal:
You will agree with me, a lot of RV shower heads in the market are crappy and break easily.
So if you’re looking for the best RV Showerhead, I’ve got a ton of research and recommendation for you.
Here’s a quick summary.
- Best RV showerhead: PIH High-Pressure RV Handheld Shower Head (Amazon)
- Best For a Tight Budget: Camco 43712 RV Shower Head with On/Off Switch (Amazon)
- Best For High Pressure: Oxygenics White Standard 26781 Sprayer Kit Amazon)
- 1 RV Shower Heads Reviews
- 1.1 PIH RV Handheld High-Pressure Shower Head
- 1.2 Fury Handheld Rv Shower by Oxygenics
- 1.3 Ecocamel Jetstorm Shower Head
- 1.4 Oxygenics Vortex 8-Spray Shower Head
- 1.5 ETL 26781 Spa Oxygenics Shower
- 1.6 Camco 43712 RV Shower Head
- 1.7 Dura Faucet Shower Head Kit
- 2 Buying Guide When buying RV showerheads
- 3 RV Shower Heads FAQs
RV Shower Heads Reviews
PIH RV Handheld High-Pressure Shower Head
The reason for including PIH RV handheld High pressure in our list of the best motor house shower head is because of its superior ability to give high pressure compared to other units that we have reviewed.
Its strongest selling point is its upgraded 2xp turbocharging feature which enables it to produce powerful water streams while stilling conserving water. Furthermore, the water pressure builds up super quickly; therefore, the time it takes to shower is short which is great for campers. ‘
- 2XP turbocharging which gives it away to 10X water pressure while conserving water.
- Three spray settings- Pulsing massage, powerful shooting.
- It has an installed trickle valve to control water intensity.
- It also has multiple spray setting which include Pulsing massage, powerful shooting and trickle. Finally, PIH has neat design that looks great.
- High Pressure streams
- Multiple spray settings
- Elegant design
- Uses Water conservation principles
- Great customer reviews
- Comes with 60-inch hose’
- Adjustable mounting brackets
- Some complain about the pulse function breaking down.
Fury Handheld Rv Shower by Oxygenics
Our first choice for an RV showerhead is Fury Handheld by oxygenics. The reason for picking this unit is for people who are looking for a versatile showerhead in that is not too pricey, this is perfect for you.
The big strength with fury handheld shower by Oxygenic is its wide variety of spray settings. Which makes it perfect for your needs because it has good pressure with all the sprays.
The spray settings range from drip to help maintain water pressure with all the spray settings. when you’re lathering your self, you can use the control level to pause water.
In addition, if massaging pressure is what the “Doctor has Ordered” you will love its most powerful splay settings because as its name suggests is “Furious”. The strong pressure is achieved because it mixes water with air to give a higher pressure while maintaining a 2.0 Gallon per Minute.
- 5 spray settings that all produce strong pressure.
- Non- slip rubber grip which makes comfortable to handle.
- Control Lever to make easy to switch on/off at the handle.
- Ample 72-inch hose
- Wall mount Which is very easy to install even if you are not technically very experience
- Multiple finishes are available.
- 2.0 GPM pressure at 80 PSI
What I like
Firstly, It comes with a lifetime guarantee, so you can be assured you will get value for your money. The rubber grip guarantees that it does not slip. And the control lever makes it adjust the splay settings. The at wall mount has is adjustable to the desired position.. Finally, you can choose from a variety of finishes available.
What I don’t like
Fury RV is a bit more expensive compared to other products in the same range. If conserving water is of concern to you, this shower head does not conserve as well.
- 5 spray settings
- Rubber grip
- Comes with its own mount which is adjustable
- Great water pressure
- Comes with 72′ hose
- Does not conserve water very well 2.0 gallons per minute
- The full pressure can very strong that it hits the back wall
Ecocamel Jetstorm Shower Head
Ecocamel Jetstom uses the “Air-Core Technology” which mixes water and air to produce strong steams of water. In addition, you will use less water because of this technology while maintaining high pressure.
Also, it comes with a shower head holder that can be adjusted in terms of angle and height. The holder can also be rotated both clockwise and anti-clockwise.
Ecocamel is easy to install because no new plumbing is required. You will just need to remove the old shower head and install jet storm because it ha universal connection meaning it connects with any shower head.
The Rubber nodules ensure that you can wipe clean the shower head holes, so you will not have to worry about limescale building up.
The jet system that Ecocamel use to inject air into the water system really result in good pressure without consuming a lot of water. The pressure is really good compared to other products in the market.
- Unique air-core technology for injecting air to the water to produce powerful pressures.
- A fast and universal fitting which help in quick installation
- It Saves water because of using of the strong pressure it gives because of mixing water with air.
- Adjustable shower head holder which means you can easily adjust it to face multiple directions.
- Unique British Design
- Rubber nodules to enable clean wipe to prevent accumilation of lime scale on the face.
What I don’t like
Ecocamel does not have variety when it comes to spray option.
- Good water pressure
- Water conservation
- wipe clean rubber nodules to prevent limescale buildup
- Easy and universal connection
- Made of metal, so it is strong.
- Limited spray options
- comes in only one color which is metallic
Oxygenics Vortex 8-Spray Shower Head
The Great thing about Oxygneics Vortex is that it has eight spray setting. You can adjust the spray setting easy using flick switch. In addition, it has adjustable metal arms which increase the flexibility of the shower head.
The large face gives complete coverage giving you a downpour experience. To add the metal base is solid and you can sure that it will last forever.
What I like
The 6 spray setting which ranges from downpour to massaging. I also like the 10-inch face because it ensures that you are completely covered in water while still maintaining low water conservation of 2.0 gallons per minute.
- 8-spray settings
- A wide face
- Adjustable metal arm
- Metal base
- Easy to use spray selector
- Uses 2.0 Gallon per Minute -while maintaining a pressure f -80 Pounds Per square (PSI)
What I don’t like
The shower head is prone to breakage because of how the shower holes are made. In addition, the metal arm seems to be kind of heavy for one arm to use. In addition, the product has very many bad reviews by people who bought it, so you should take that into consideration before buying it.
- 6 spray settings
- comes with metal base
- it does conserve water
- Wide face
- The heavy metal arm that is difficult to maneuver
- Poor customer service
- Prone to breakage
- Delivers low water volume
- Many bad reviews
ETL 26781 Spa Oxygenics Shower
As we have seen, there are lots of faucets on the market today, few of them can go head to head with ETL 26781 when it comes to a stunning looking unit. One look at this faucet and you will understand why it is one of the most popular in the market today.
It uses patented technology to inject oxygen into water, therefore, giving it a powerful and versatility in terms of water pressure.
ETL 26781 shower filter has two shower settings Oxygenics and smart pause. The handheld unit is light and white in color. It looks great. In addition, because of the anti-clogging parts, you can be sure that there will be no clogging.
Etl 26781 has a flow rate of 2.0 GPM. It uses jet engine power to inject air into the water stream to increase water pressure.
- 60-inch hose
- comfort regulator
- Non-stick parts t prevent limescale build up
- Two shower settings
What I like
One great thing about ETL 26781 is it has a very light handheld unit that looks really great. When it comes to pressure, I would say it has better pressure than a standard showerhead.
What I don’t like
Because it made of plastic, it looks a bit weak. The water does not have steady stream when using the different spray settings.
- Looks great
- Better pressure than standard shower heads
- Anti-clogging parts
- comes with a 60-inch hose
- Good at conserving water
- Many good reviews from customers
- Weaks and can break
- Pressure is not steady
- Faulty shut off valve
- Limited spray settings because it only has two.
Camco 43712 RV Shower Head
While it may not be the fanciest faucet n the market, Camco 431712 RV shower head is certainly one of the most affordable, high-quality unit around. Thanks to it on/off switch it allows you to pause the water streams while you shave or leather your self. In addition, it comes with five sprays patterns.
The noticeable feature of this shower head is the on/off switch. It’s easy to install. Therefore, you can easily adjust the spray settings or pause water when using it. Also, the five spray settings allow you to choose between gentle massage to more forceful sprays. Because it is easy to install, it is more suitable to use in motorhomes and boats.
- Ergonomic design
- Easy to use on and off switch
- Five spray settings
- Faces of the handheld unit measure 4 inches
- Rubber holes make it easy to clean
- Easy installation
What I like
The on/off switch is really handy and works very efficiently. The five spray settings or patterns gives you the flexibility to choose the level of pressure you want. The rubber spray face looks nice, and it’s easy to clean.
What I don’t like
Although this is almost a perfect Rv shower head, It is not a solid design. It looks weak and it might come part.
- Five spray settings
- On/off switch at the hand
- Wide face of 4 inches
- Easy to install
- Very good reviews from most of the clients who bought it
- conserves water
- Rubber holes make it easy to clean
- weak design and might not be long-lasting.
- Does not have a clip
Dura Faucet Shower Head Kit
Compared to many RV shower heads in the market today that have an extremely flimsy construction, Dura Faucet DF SA130 is a high-quality unit. The reason why it has so many positive reviews is that it’s one of the most durable faucets.
In addition, you will be surprised by how lightweight it’s compared to other heads. The reason it’s so lightweight is that it’s made from lightweight synthetic resins.
Also, in those times when you ever find yourself running out of the water while you are on the road, this unit comes in handy because of its water saving ability. It has a trickle valve switch that helps in water moderation.
Another often overlooked feature that it comes with is a mounting bracket which makes super simple to install and adjust the angles when showering.
- It comes with a 60-inch hose
- It is made using Lightweight synthetic resin
- Super easy to install because it comes with a mounting bracket
- Long lasting because it’s made with high-quality resin which does not break easily.
- It has a Trickle valve to moderate water usage.
In conclusion, it provides handheld unit that is very comfortable to use. Therefore, if you are looking for long lasting shower head with a stylish design, Dura faucet is good choice. It also comes with 60-inche flexible hose.
- Comes with 60-inche flexible hose
- Extremely lightweight
- made with high quality resin
- Trickle valve to moderate the flow
- long lasting
- Flow rate of 2.22 GPM is high
- Trickle valve is not able to completely cut off water.
Buying Guide When buying RV showerheads
- On/Off and Shut off valve Switch Because of the need to conserve water having an on/off switch is very important. It makes it convenient especially when you are washing your kids or a dog. The switch also comes in handy when you want to reduce water flow as you lather up, but you don’t want to completely shut off the shower so that you don’t lose water temperature.
- Hose Included – Most RV shower heads come with a hose included. The length of the hoses ranges from 60 inches to 70 inches. The quality of the hose should be durable and flexible.
- On Budget- If you don’t want to break the bank because of an RV shower heads you should consider getting an under $50 shower head. Most of them will range from between $40 and $50. The high-end RV shower heads can go above $100.
- Water Flow (Gallons Per Minute)- Because most of the RVs use water which is limited, you need to consider how many gallons per minute the shower unit will use. A higher GPM means the shower head is using more water which could lead to water running out faster. A showerhead that uses a lower GPM but has a higher pound per square Inch [PSI]. You should avoid shower heads that have a GPM of above 2.0 GPM.
- Adjustable Spray settings- This is a very important feature. A showerhead that has a variety of spray settings is better because it gives the user a wide range of options to choose depending on his/her needs. Most Rv shower heads have a more than three spray setting. Spray setting range from strong massaging to slow drip. A slow drip setting helps in conserving water because you can switch on while you lather your self.
- Anti Clog- You don’t want limescale to accumulate on your shower head and after six months the shower head is clogged. Rubber surface is good because it can be wiped cleaned and it is non-sticky.
- Efficiency -saving water is very critical especially when you are dry camping. Dry camping is where you go camping where you are not hooked up to a source of water. In this case, you need to install a very efficient unit that produces lots of pressure while not consuming lots of water. Some units in the market increase the efficiency by installing a device that mixes oxygen with water to produce strong streams. Conserving water is important because it helps to conserve the environment. In the United States, the law requires that maker of showerheads install a flow regulator in all units being sold in the US. The maximum gallons per minute is required to be kept under 2.0 gallons per minute.
- Durability when selecting an RV head, you should avoid buying low-quality products that exist in the market that break up quickly. If you go through customer review, you find many people complain that they bought some products that broke apart during installation. Therefore, before you buy a product go through customer reviews and be on the lookout for negative comments.
RV Shower Heads FAQs
What is an RV shower head?
RV is a broad word that refers to the recreational vehicle. RV showers are normally found in the recreational vehicle. Normally, in an RV water is limited. Therefore, an RV shower head has to conserve water. A common feature of this shower heads is that they have a shut-off valve which comes in handy when conserving water. The shower heads are normally not permanently fixed to the wall.
How to replace an RV shower head
Replacing RV shower filter is pretty easy because it involves just unscrewing it and fixing the new one. The new shower head will normally cost from $10 to $100.
How many gallons of water does an RV shower use?
The first thing to always keep in mind is that RV’s and motor-homes have a limited capacity to hold water. This is especially so when you are dry camping. The capacity is limited by the size of their water tanks.
When taking shower in an RV, you should keep in mind that the amount of water is limited. Here’s the deal. You can run out of water pretty quickly. Therefore, you should always keep in mind that you cannot take a shower in an RV the same way you do at home.
A showerhead that has 2.5 gallons per minute flow rate will deplete a 10 gallons tank in 4 minutes. Therefore, to save water you should ensure you install a shower head with low water flow. In the market today, there are RV shower heads with as low as 1.25 Gallons per minute. You should ensure that you take super quick showers, for example, don’t shower for more than five minutes.
To save on water in an RV, you should take what is known as a “Navy Shower.” Here’s how it goes. Wet your body super quickly, maybe 30 seconds. Next, turn off the shower. Then, lather your body, and finally, you rinse quickly.
You should take into consideration the size of your tanks. This is especially important when you are using hot water. An average hot water tank in an RV is an able store about 6 Gallons of water. To ensure that you don’t run out of water installing an instant heater is always a good idea especially if there are multiple users.
How to increase water pressure in an RV?
Most RVs and motorhomes will come with a water pressure gauge installed to measure the pressure in the system. However, if yours does not have, you can have installed pretty quickly and it’s not very pricey.
Before we look at how to increase water pressure in an RV, it is imported where know how much pressure should an RV have? Very high pressure is not ideal because they damage plumbing parts while very low pressure will inconvenience the user. You should, therefore, seek to main a moderate pressure.
You should keep in mind that water pressure on the campground can be very strong which leads to damaged plumbing. To prevent this from happening most RVs are installed with a pressure regulator. The regulator moderates water coming in at high pressure and maintain it to between 60 psi for old vehicles and up to 100 psi for newer vehicles.
If you are having water at very low pressure, you can increase it by installing an adjustable RV water pressure regulator. With this device, you can always increase the pressure when it’s very low or turn down when it’s very high. The cost of installing a pressure regulator will cost you about $ 200 to $ 300 plus the cost of installation. The great thing with pressure regulators is that once you install it you can forget about it because they last pretty long.
How to clean RV shower head
When buying an Rv shower head the most important fact is looking for one with a lower GPM in order to help conserve your water. Remember, You can still use other shower heads which are not necessarily labeled best RV shower head. Finally, a shut off valve is critical because it goes a long way in helping you conserve wat