I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by my opinions and endorsements! For more information click here.
Having the best handheld shower-head can be a reason to get out of bed in the morning. On the other hand, having a substandard shower-head can make you dread getting out of bed.
After digging through hundreds of customer reviews and spending hours researching, I think the following are the best handheld shower head for seniors.
- TOP PICK: Moen DN8001CH Home Care (Amazon)
- ALSO GREAT: Deliao Elderly shower head(Amazon)
Best Handheld showerheads for Seniors
Deliao Hand Held Shower Heads for the Elderly
As you know, there are lots of showerheads on the market now, but few of them can beat Deliao Elderly shower Head when it comes to convenience and ease of use.
It’s super easy to switch it on/off with your fingers using its control button. It has a quality soft-grip handle that has a strap for looping around your hand. It’s made of lightweight strong plastic.
No doubt about it, Deliao polished chrome is also a long-lasting shower head. All the joints are made with brass metal. This brass metal interlocks are strong and don’t leak easily. The showerhead face is made of rubber nozzles; therefore, you can easily clean it and limescale does not build up.
The Deliao shower head is easily one of the most convenient shower head, and It comes with a flexible long hose (79 inches) which is made of stainless steel. You turn it on and off using a push control button. In addition to that, it has a built-in vacuum breaker for reducing the flow to a trickle as you lather yourself to conserve water.
- Easy to switch the control button with your fingers
- Lightweight and quality construction
- Easy to install
- Water conserving features
- Length of hose
- Once you set the adhesive, they are permanent.
YOO.MEE ADA Handheld Shower Head- For Elderly
For those people who have miserable water pressure, this YOO.MEE will give you unbelievable high pressure. YOO.MEE thrust water with such a force that it feels like your muscles are being massaged. This shower head is fantastic for people who experience muscle pain or simply anybody who needs a body massage after long days of work.
With YOO.MEE You Get…
- Pulsating powerful sprays that will make your showering experience feel special every time.
- It gives a way to relieve your muscle pain because of its 2XP Turbocharging shower head.
- A way to prevent the building up of minerals because of its silicone Rubber jet nozzles.
- Guarantee to repair or replace by the manufacturer for the first 12 months.
- Easily to switch between flow
- Powerful pressure even when you have low pressure
- Rubber jet nozzles
- 12 months warranty
- Feels a little cheap
Moen DN8001CH Home Care
If you’re looking safety and comfort, this is the model for you. Moen DN8010 Home Care handheld shower is easily one of the most adaptable and flexible shower head available.
If you want a model with a hard spray and changeable message settings, this is a good choice. It comes with a long flexible hose. In addition to that, it has a built-in pause feature which reduces the flow completely as you shower. Like Delio, it’s also fitted with an on/off switch which is pretty easy to operate with your fingers.
Moen DN8010 was made in accordance with American With Disabilities specifications so you can be sure that it’s good for seniors.
- A long hose which is flexible
- on/off switch
- Adjustable sprays
- Pause feature
- The plastic head might crack if wrongly handled
ShowerMaxx 6 Sprays Luxury Spa
When I was researching about Showermax shower head, I noticed that a few people complained about many parts of Showermaxx premium 6 sprays being made from plastic. However, quite a few real-life customers reported that they really loved Showermaxx because of the quality of the products at such a reasonable price compared to other products that are a bit pricey for the same quality or worse.
The special feature is ShowerMaxx Shower Head Premium 6 Spray Settings includes Water Saving, High Pressure and more. Overall Showermaxx is an attractive shower head that is attractive and easy on the eye. In addition, it is extremely easy to install and gives great water pressure. It comes with instructions on how to remove the flow regulator if you wish to do so.
- Multiple Spray settings which give you the flexibility to choose from the 6 options depending on your mood. These settings including High Pressure, Light Mist, Power Massage, and Eco-friendly.
- It gives you an ability to remove the flow restrictor even if you are not technically very capable.
- Guarantee from the seller to repair or replace with “A Peace of Mind Lifetime Warranty.”
- Multiple spray setting
- Showermaxx is not very pricey
- Attractive to look at
- Easy to remove the flow restrictor
- Extremely lightweight
- Lifetime peace mind warranty
- showermaxx is made of plastic which might leak in some cases.
Waterpik High Pressure 5 Mode Faucet.
As you probably know WaterPik company has been designing and manufacturing personal and home care products since 1962. They’ve built a reputation for building innovative products that meet their customer expectations.
The Waterpik handheld showerhead is built using their Optiflow technology to enhance the water pressure by more than 30%. This shower is easily one of the most adaptable shower head in the market. From its list of five spray settings, it gives the user a variety of spray options depending on what your needs.
- Uses unique technology known as “OptiFlow Technology” to give high pressure while taking a shower.
- Gives the use of the variety to choose from five spray patterns.
- Easy for washing kids and pets because of its extra-long stainless steel hose.
- Easy to hang at any angle because of its adjustable-angle bracket. Therefore, very tall people don’t have to stoop to get under it.
- You don’t have to worry that limescale will build up because of its rub-clean, anti-clog shower nozzles.
In conclusion, another plus about the Waterpik shower head is the reasonable price. You are guaranteed a quality shower head at a reasonable price. In addition, the seller is top-notch and you can expect quick delivery and great customer care.
- Powerful sprays because of Optiflow technology.
- Five spray options that give powerful streams.
- Anti-clog nozzles to prevent building up of limescale.
- Extra long hose.
- A reputable seller with good customer care.
- Not pricey
- Many parts are made of plastic.
- Complains of leakages from some customers who bought it.
Ana Bath 5 Function SS5450CBN
To increase its performance, two-fold Ana Bath SS5450CBN has a double shower. And to magnify the coverage, each showerhead is five inches wide. Depending on your preference, you can run the two showerheads simultaneously, or one at a time. You can set the two showerheads at an angle to allow two people to shower together comfortably.
In addition, when it comes to spraying options, you will be spoiled for choice because it comes with five spray options. Therefore, you can choose between saturating spray, massage spray, bubbling spray, and bubbling saturating mix.
One thing to note, they made this showerhead specifically for big bathrooms. Therefore, if you have a small bathroom, it could course some difficulties. In addition, it has a flexible 5-foot long stainless steel hose. Consequently, the hose can reach all four corners of the bathroom. It has a brushed nickel and chrome finishing, so it looks refined and neat.
Anal Bath 5 function is made of brushed nickel. Thus, you can be sure that it is great looking, and it will leave your bathroom looking superb and stylish. Finally, despite its high pressure and good flow rate Anal bath is not noisy. So, unlike other shower heads which are noisy, it works quietly and efficiently.
- Double showerheads
- Five spray options
- Five-foot hosepipe
- Sophisticated finishing made of brushed nickel
- Wide shower heads
- Not noisy
- The long hose can be cumbersome to use
- A wrench is needed for installation
Delta Faucet 75700 7-Setting Handheld Shower
Another excellent choice is Delta Faucet 75700. Delta comes with a tangle-free flexible hose which is easy to maneuver. The hand-shower is light in weight and has a good grip. Because spray-holes are made of a smooth rubber, it is easy to wipe away mineral that accumulates on the surface of the shower head
And another thing, when it comes to spray setting Delta Faucet 75700 has seven spray setting. The spray settings are Soft Rain, Full spray, Fast Massage spray, Full massage, Drenching spray, and Drench with full spray.
Additionally, because of the pause setting, you can moderate the rate of flow while still maintaining the right water temperature. This pause setting gives you time to leather yourself.
Delta Faucet 75700 can be mounted to enable hands-free showering. If you are tall, you can tilt the showerhead upwards because of the ball socket that can be inclined to different angles to allow both short and tall people to shower with comfort.
- Has pause setting which reduces water flow to almost a trickle while maintaining the temperature
- Delta comes with a wide range of spray setting
- It has an arm mount; thus, allowing hand free showering
- The hand shower is easy to move around because it is lightweight and has an excellent grip
- Long hose (72 inches)
- Adjustable mount
- Although it has a robust design, it is plastic made and might crack
Delta 58471 H2Okinetic Showerhead
Another good option from the same maker is Delta 58471-PK. H2OKinetic is a branch of physics which studies water in motion. Delta 58471-PK is designed using some water motion innovation; thus, the name ‘water kinetic’ It harnesses the natural energy of water and shapes it into wave patterns.
The wave and the speed of water give the sensation of being in a lot of water. It creates a flood sensation that is warm and fun. In addition to that, it has a pause setting which moderates the water flow to just droplets while maintaining high temperatures. It comes with a 60-inch hose which is metallic making it more long-lasting than the plastic once.
It’s easy to install because you only need to fix it on the shower handle and you ready to go. It has an exceptional finishing. And in addition, it comes in multiple colors so you can choose the color that matches your bathroom.
- H2OKinetic setting which gives a sensation of more water
- Pause push button to reduce the water while you are lathering
- The handheld unit has a 70-inch flexible hose. So you can use the hosepipe comfortably to shower your kids.
- Has a limited lifetime warranty
- Water saver function
- The plastic connections are prone to leaking because of cracking
Hansgrohe 27169001 Chroma
Hansgrohe 27169001 Croma is a robust well made shower head with a sleek design. It has a 4-inch spray face which enables the showerhead to have good spraying ability. They have installed a three spray mode: full spray, massage spray, and intense turbo spray.
Another thing, because of the silicon nozzle, you can quickly clean the shower. QuickClean technology means removing dirt and lime-scale is super easy. So you don’t need to soak the showerhead to remove limescale.
It is made of ceramic and plastic materials. The maker of this showerhead has done an excellent job of balancing strength, flexibility, and elegance. However, once you buy this shower head, it doesn’t come with a hose and mounting appliances. So if you need a hose and amounting equipment you need to buy them separately.
Finally, another great thing is that this shower head is a lightweight, so it is comfortable to use the handheld unit. Despite the lightweight, it’s a sturdy shower head.
- Three spray modes
- Uses quick clean technology for easy cleaning
- Strong and durable
- The lightweight hose which is easy to maneuver
- Sleek looking
- Does not come with a hose and mounting equipment
- Doesn’t have a control button to pause the water while you are lathering yourself with soap.
HotelSpa 7-Setting AquaCare Series Showerhead
This handheld shower-head comes with seven spray setting. It gives the user a wide range of variety of spray options depending on your needs. Like Delta Faucet 75700, it also has a pause button to save water as leather you are lathering or shaving.
You don’t need to drill any holes in your bathroom as it comes with a mount holds the showerhead. It also has a stainless steel hose which is flexible making it easy to use. The hose comes in two sizes a long hose and a shorter one depending on your preference.
And another thing, it has a pause switch to turn on and off the water while you are shaving. To use the hands-free, it has hold which firm, and it’s easy to fix the handheld unit on the holder.
To top off:
The shower head has seven spray settings, and all the spray option have the spiral flow setting to give the maximum pressure.
- If you live in the US, you get a lifetime warranty
- Easy to install
- Has pause button to help save water
- Seven spray settings
- Spiral flow option
- Flexible hose that comes in two sizes
- Wide showerhead face for maximum coverage
- You might require silicon tape to fix the shower head on the pipe because it uses suction cups
Speakman Rio VS-1240 Hand Held Shower Head
If you wish to buy Rio VS-1240, you have an option of getting the showerhead in polished chrome or brushed nickel. Both the chrome and brushed nickel once are excellent and look great. The handheld unit has an exceptional design with a non-slip handle made of threads.
And another thing, the handle is fitted with a turn-thumb for turning the water on and off quickly as you take a shower. In addition, Speakman Rio comes with a flexible 5-foot hose that is made of metal.
Speakman Rio has five spray settings, some of which include massaging-spray, intense-spray, pulsating-spray, and rain-spray. Even so, it has a superb water-saving function which has good pressure despite conserving water. You can choose between the steady flow rate of 2.5gpm (gallon per minute) or the water-saving flow rate of 2.0gpm.
Lastly, the overhead unit has a wide spray face to ensure as you use it gives rain like feeling. One thing that is a minus is that it is a bit complicated to install, and the instructions are not very clear. So if you are not technically savvy, it might pose a challenge to fix. Also, the bracket can be had to move to your desired position.
Lastly, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Five Spray settings
- Superb water saving function (certified by Water-Sense)
- Pause function
- No slip handle
- Large faceplate
- 5- Foot flexible metal hose
- Turn-thumb– a lever for switching water on and off.
- A bit complicated to install and the instructions are not very clear.
- The bracket is not very easy to adjust.
As they say, if Kohler makes it, then it is undoubtedly durable and stylish. Kohler K-10282-Bn Forte single is a versatile shower head that is durable. And it has a chrome-colored polish that will have your shower glowing.
And another thing, it is easy to install, so don’t expect any significant challenge when installing it. It has four unique spray settings that provide a wide range of experience to ensure you enjoy your shower experience. The wide-coverage-setting is one of the best in the market.
And another thing, the nozzle water pattern escalates the intensity of water pressure to create a superb shower experience. Because of the large circumference of the rim, it is easy to adjust up and down to the preferred position. The eco-friendly spray helps to conserve water.
To add, Kohler K-10282-Bn is easy to handle because of the no-slip handle. The shower head is made in such a way as to prevent the buildup lime which might clog the shower holes if you use hard water. Importantly, it has an overall superb flow rate.
- Four spray settings
- Easy to rotate and adjust
- Eco-friendly spray setting
- Good water flow rate
- Durable and easy to install
- Prevents build-up of limescale
- Does not include a shower arm
Showerhead Buying Guide
Even a simple showerhead can measure up to the most sophisticated showerheads in terms of just giving a satisfying shower when you spend more, you get options. Here are the things you should look at when choosing a showerhead.
Best handheld showerheads for seniors and Elderly
The best handheld shower-head for seniors is the one that minimizes movements. The hose needs to be easy to maneuver, and it also needs to be long enough. Besides, a magnetic mount is ideal for ease of returning the hand unit to mount. The best available handheld shower that meets these conditions is Moen 26602. It has a magnetic mount and the handheld unit quickly snaps into place.
Magnetic shower Heads
As we have already seen, docking the handheld shower-head sometime poses a challenge especially your mobility is limited.
To make it easy to put back the showerheads, some manufacturers use magnetic mounts. This ensures that it easy to stick the handheld unit on the mount. With a magnetic mount, it becomes just a matter of touching the mount with the handheld unit, and it holds.
If you have limited mobility, a handheld shower-head comes in handy. However, to turn on and off the showerhead is a big challenge. To get around this challenge some showerheads have a switch on the handheld part which turns on and off the water, so you don’t need to bend to reach the wall. If your showerhead doesn’t have a switch, you can buy a switch and attach it at the point where the handheld unit joins the hose.
If you suffer from muscle ache, the massaging showerhead is the best option to help you relieve tension in your muscles. There several types of massaging spray: which include Circular massage, pulsating massage slow massage and many more. You can choose any of this depending on what speed you want.
Depending on which make and model of showerhead you are using, you can adjust the massaging spray. Most modern shower-heads come with a varying number of setting ranging from two up to even ten.
Adjustable shower heads
Adjustable shower heads make it possible to change the angle and position of the showerhead. It makes it easy to vary the height. You can adjust it to a specific angle to point the streams of water to a specific muscle. Some adjustable shower uses a sliding magnetic bracket that can be moved up and down. Another type of adjustable showerhead is a hand Held showerheads that come bracket where it can be attached to.
Another fact to look at when selecting a handheld showerheads is the weight. You should not go for too heavy. A lightweight head is more flexible and you can use it more comfortably.
Wide spray and stylish design.
A unit with a wide face gives a wide spray. On average most units have a diameter of 4-inches.
Depending on the design some shower heads have higher pressure than others. some of the best units use patented technologies to enhance the amount of pressure they give. For example, WaterPik showerhead uses the “Optiflow Technology” which enhances the pressure. Some brands like YOO.Mee is specifically designed to give higher pressure even when the house has low water pressure.
Years ago before people started being more proactive in conserving water, the best shower heads would give 4 to 7 gallons per minute. However, currently, the standard shower head is designed to give between 2.5 GPM to 2.0 GPM. Because of improved technology a low flow shower head will feel as good at both high and low water pressure? Modern showerheads are installed with a flow restrictor to help conserve water.
There are different types of low flow showerheads. These are regular, stationary, and handheld models that are attached to a hose.
How to install handheld showerheads
How to remove water regulator
If you want the best flow rate of your shower-head, you can do so by removing the flow regulator inside the shower-head. It is not a difficult thing to do because you need to open up the showerhead and inside you will see the regulator. In most cases, the flow regulator is a different color. In fact, some showerheads come with instructions on how to remove the flow regulator. If you are having any difficulty, you can read this post on how to remove flow regulators.
2.0gpm vs. 2.5gpm shower head
GPM is unit for measuring flow rate. It stands for Gallons per Minute. In the United States, the law bids manufacture of shower-heads not to go above 2.5gpm to help in water conservation. Shower heads have a flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute. However, the Environmental protection Agency (EPA) established a program in 2006 called Water Sense.
The program’s objective is to promote water efficiency in the United States. Water Sense runs a certification program for the best handheld showers. For a shower-head to be certified, it has to have a flow rate of 2.0gpm.
When shopping for the best handheld showerhead you should consider different features. A showerhead for seniors or the elderly should be more flexible and lightweight to make it more comfortable to use. A magnetic docking makes a unit easy to use especially where the mobility of the user is limited. Models that have the on/off switch on the handheld unit are easy to use. Additionally, adjustable showerheads make it easy to change and adjust the position and height. Finally, the weight should not be too heavy to make it easy to move the handheld showerhead more comfortably.
How To Clean Shower Head Holes
Speakman s-2251 vs 2252 vs 20058
Delta vs Moen vs Kohler Shower Heads
Giessdorf vs Speakman vs Waterpik showerhead
Best Rv Shower Heads
ABOUT LEON SMITH
Leon is a Thirty-Something-Year-old blogger from Mauritius who is currently studying for a Masters degree in chemical and processing Engineering. Read more about him.
IN THIS POST
- 1 Best Handheld showerheads for Seniors
- 1.1 Deliao Hand Held Shower Heads for the Elderly
- 1.2 YOO.MEE ADA Handheld Shower Head- For Elderly
- 1.3 Moen DN8001CH Home Care
- 1.4 ShowerMaxx 6 Sprays Luxury Spa
- 1.5 Waterpik High Pressure 5 Mode Faucet.
- 1.6 Ana Bath 5 Function SS5450CBN
- 1.7 Delta Faucet 75700 7-Setting Handheld Shower
- 1.8 Delta 58471 H2Okinetic Showerhead
- 1.9 Hansgrohe 27169001 Chroma
- 1.10 HotelSpa 7-Setting AquaCare Series Showerhead
- 1.11 Speakman Rio VS-1240 Hand Held Shower Head
- 1.12 KOHLER-K-17493-CP-Flipside
- 2 Showerhead Buying Guide
- 3 How to install handheld showerheads
- 4 How to remove water regulator
- 5 How To Clean Shower Head Holes
- 6 Speakman s-2251 vs 2252 vs 20058
- 7 Delta vs Moen vs Kohler Shower Heads
- 8 Giessdorf vs Speakman vs Waterpik showerhead
- 9 Best Rv Shower Heads