I may receive a commission for purchases made through product links on this page, but I always stand by the research and recommendations that I provide here.
Before you dive in and read the detailed review of each model, check out my comparison table above and our top pick and recommendation Aquabliss sf220 vs sf100 vs SF300 vs SF500.
There is no doubt about it, Aquabliss is one of the most popular shower filters on the market today. But, which is the best among the three models Aquabliss SF100, SF220, and SF300?
Aquabliss SF500: Best Overall
- Helps to get rid of Itchy skin, dandruff, and Brittle Nails
- Cartridge is 25% larger
- Uses finer redox filter media
- Shower filter adapter for universal fit
- No-leak seals
- High Water Flow
- Multiple stages of water filtration
The Aquabliss SF500 Rejuvia HD is the latest shower filter from Aquabliss and it’s their best product to date. Aquabliss is renowned for producing high-quality products and Rejuvia HD uses its cutting edge technology to get one of the most effective shower filters on the market.
With Rejuvia HD, you get 30 percent more filtering than SF220. Aquabliss Improved their design based on customer feedback to create this state of the art shower filter. You need a shower filter to remove chemicals such as pesticides in your water supply. Most shower filters are not very effective, but Aquabliss SF500 is one of the most effective shower filters on the market today.
Installing a shower filter ensures that your water is free from these chemicals. SF500 will not only keep the bad chemicals out but also leads to healthy hair and skin. The Aquabliss SF500 Rejuvia HD uses the latest filtering technology for removing shower water of contaminants and unhealthy chemicals. With SF500, you will see a big difference in your shower experience, and it comes with a 12 months warranty.
SF500 Rejuvia HD will get rid of all the chlorine and chloramine. This will greatly improve how you feel and look. Removing harmful chemicals also reduces the risk of cancer. Bear in mind that when chlorine reacts with harmful chemicals it forms Trihalomethanes (THMs) which are carcinogenic, so by removing chlorine and chloramine you reduce the chances of developing cancer.
Removing chemicals such as chlorine, chloramine, and heavy metals result from shower water also improves the air quality. It also reduces bad odors.
Aquabliss SF220: Most Popular
- Purifies you water and protects you skin
- Redox media KDF55, Activated carbon, and Calcium sulfate
- Noticeable soft healthier skin and hair
- Super easy installation
- No-leak seals
- Multiple stages of water filtration
The Aquabliss S220 is going to clean all the junk out of your water and make your water a lot better for your hair, skin, and your general health. Its replaceable filter cartridge uses a multi-layer filtration media made of KDF55, activated carbon, and calcium sulfite.
KDF55 removes chlorine, heavy metals, and prevents bacteria growth. KDF55 works in both hot and cold water. Activated carbon also helps to capture chlorine and organic materials. And calcium Sulfite removes chlorine and heavy metals. It purifies your water and prevents skin irritation and chlorine inhalation. Resulting in better skin and hair. The replaceable filters should last for about 6 months depending on the number of showers you take, and the cost of replacing the filters is super cheap less than 20 bucks.
It comes in a box where inside you have the plumbers tape and the filter. The filter itself is made with heavy metal, and it has a metallic color. After using this filter for about a couple of months, you will notice the skin is healthier and the hair is softer. It produces a great quality of water. People who tasted the water said the water tastes great just like filtered water.
The SF220 is a more balanced showered head. It does trades off the ability to remove some contaminants with power. In fact, the manufacturer describes it has a heavy-duty shower filter. It only uses a 7-stage filtration process with which it’s able to remove many contaminants.
Unlike the sf100 which adds to water beneficial elements such as vitamin-c and oxygen, SF220 doesn’t add anything back to the water. With SF220 you get just pure water free from contaminants.
It’s able to process 10,000 gallons of water or six months worth shower for a normal household. If you have a handheld showerhead, you can still be able to use this filter with a handheld showerhead; you just have to install it between the mount and shower arm.
Features and Benefits of SF220
- Great at purifying your water by removing contaminants using a multistage filtration.
- A universal connection means you don’t have to change your existing showerhead.
- Super easy to install as you don’t need tools for installing it.
- Uses quality filtration materials such as calcium sulfate, redox media, and activated carbon.
- Easy installation which does not require any tools for installation
- High Water Flow
You’re might be wondering what are the downsides. The shower filter will not be very effective when you’ve hard water, well water or water with lots of sediments. The sediments will clog the filters rendering them ineffective.
Aquabliss SF100: Best Value
- Rejuvenates you skin, hair and Nails
- Neutralzes bad odur and pH balnces the water
- Uses advanced muti-stage filtration
- No tool installation
- No-leak seals
- Adds vitamin c minerals to shower water
Before we begin looking at just how good SF100 shower filter is, there are some primary features you should know about it; the SF100 is unique from other models in the sense that it’s using a 12-stage filtration process to ensure that it gets rid of almost all the contaminants that are in the shower water.
Unlike other filters that use too little filtration material, AquaBliss combines lots of filtration materials to remove harmful chemicals that damage your hair, skin, and nails.
The SF100 is the most capable among the three when it comes to removing a long list of contaminants from water. It has the capacity to filter between 12,000 and 10,000 gallons which about 6 months’ worth of showers for most households.
If you use well water which tends to have lots of sediments, this is the filter for you because it uses micro-porous pp pieces of cotton for removing sediments.
The SF100 has tons of great features. I love that it fits into any shower head because of its universal connectivity, so you’ll not need to change your existing showerhead. Moreover, it can also be used with a wall-mounted handheld showerhead.
Features and Benefits of AquaBliss SF100
- The 12-stage filtration process removes 99% of contaminants that cause skin and hair problems.
- You get a universal connection, so you can attach it to your existing showerhead.
- Filters are able to last up to 6 months or 10,000 gallons.
- Super easy installation. And because of Aquabliss’ easy swap filter replacement, it is super easy to replace old filters with new once.
- Because of the ceramic ball infuse vitamin C, you get the benefits of the vitamin c nourishing your skin and removing chemicals such as chloramines. Check out **comprehensive reviews on chloramines shower filter**
- Magnetic Energy balls infuse oxygen to the water which is great for your skin, hair, and nails.
In case you are wondering what’s the main difference between AquaBliss 220 vs 100. Unlike sf100 which has 12 filtration stages, sf220 is a small brand that only uses 7 filtration stages. When I was researching the reviews of this filter I come across customer reviews who liked the fact that it’s a high-quality product that is easy to understand.
You might be asking yourself why this product is called a 12-stage shower filter. Well, Unlike other shower filters that have a two or three filtration process. Aquabliss SF100 offers 12 steps filtration process to ensure you get the purest shower water.
- Ultra-fine stainless steel mesh – The first step uses steel mesh which acts as a sediment filter.
- Micro-porous PP cotton – PP cotton also removes other small sediments such as dust and rust. It is not enough to just capture medium size sediments you also need to capture smaller sediments.
- Calcium Sulfite – Calcium sulfite filtration media mainly captures chlorine and chloramine. It works with both hot and cold water.
- Oxidation-reduction (redox) media – Included to help remove harmful chemicals and bacterias in the water. It is very effective in filtering chlorine, and heavy metals.
- Activated carbon – Carbon is the most absorbent material known to man. This is why it’s present in most water filtration systems. It’s is good at removing chlorine, THM’s, organic material, and other harmful contaminants found in water.
- Far Infrared Balls – These are used to increase negative ions and oxygen levels in the water.
- Zeolite Ceramic Balls – Adds revitalizing minerals and also remove traces heavy metals
- Ceramic Vitamin C Balls – Adds the water with Vitamin C which is good for restoring your skin. Vitamin C also helps to capture chloramines which are not removed by carbon-based filters.
- Tourmaline – Good for your hair and filters water contaminants.
- Magnetic Energy Balls – Increases the amount of oxygen in the water to help nourish skin and hair.
- Micro-porous PP cotton and ultra-fine stainless steel mesh – This helps to capture any sediment that might have made its way through the filtration media. It works to ensure no impurities leave the shower filter.
AquaBliss SF300 High Output shower filter Review
The sf300 is a newer brand, designed when the manufacturer had taken all the feedback from selling sf300. Having said that, I don’t think that this is a superior product compared to sf100 and sf220.
SF300 model was designed to take care of challenges noted with sf220. It incorporates features such as a leak-free design with higher quality seals for preventing leaking. In addition to that, it’s installed with a sediment filter which is easy to access for ease of removing them with water, which also makes it easy to change the filters.
It’s great for people with skin problems such as eczema, dandruff, and people that tend to have itchy skin after taking a shower. It uses a multi-stage filtration to furnish you with contaminant-free water.
Features and Benefits of SF300
- Leak-free design with the highest quality seals to prevent leaking
- Multi-Stage filtration for removing the most harmful chemicals such as chlorine.
- promotes healthy skin and hair by removing all the chemicals that aggravate skin conditions such as eczema.
- Installed sediment filter which is easy to access for rinsing purposes.
When I was researching reviews, I did notice that some customers complained that the pressure was extremely slow. With that out of the way let us jump in and look at the pros and cons of sf300.
When should I change my AquaBliss shower filter Cartridges?
AquaBliss shower filters are known to filter about 10,000 gallons of water before they need to be replaced. This is bout 6-8 months’ worth of water for a single filter cartridge. In order to ensure that you are protected from harmful chemicals, you need to regularly change filters. When you change your filters, you immediately notice the difference in the quality of your water. Soaps and shampoos tend to lather better, and your skin and hair feel softer. Filter cartridges need to be replaced regularly because the active ingredients that are used to capture contaminants become exhausted and their strength goes down and needs to be replaced.
Which shower filter removes chloramine?
Chloramine is formed when chlorine atoms bond with ammonia atoms. The chemical formula of chloramine is (NH2Cl). I wrote this post on how to remove chloramine from tap water because like many people I had no idea what is chloramine. Shower filters that use the following filtration methods are good at removing chloramines.
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- Passing ultraviolet light
- Boiling tap water
- Catalytic carbon filters
- Adding reducing agents such as Campden tablet
- Reverse osmosis
You should be careful when buying a product that claims to remove chloramine from water. Some whole house water filtration systems can break-up chloramine into chlorine and ammonia. They then neutralize chlorine and leave toxic ammonia in the water. A high level of ammonia in the body is unhealthy especially for people with liver conditions because they can’t get the ammonia out of the body quickly.
Do shower filters work for hard water?
you can solve the problem of hard water by installing a shower filter that softens the water. Hard water can be very harmful to your skin because it makes it dry. Hard water also results in discoloration of your skin. Some city water supply is hard because it is gotten from underground sources.
Other Related posts
- Speakman S-2251 vs 2252 vs 2005 (Pros, Cons & Comparison)
- Best Shower Filter for Chloramine (Reviews & Buying Guide in 2020)
IN THIS POST
- 1 Aquabliss SF500: Best Overall
- 2 Aquabliss SF220: Most Popular
- 3 Aquabliss SF100: Best Value
- 4 AquaBliss SF300 High Output shower filter Review
- 5 When should I change my AquaBliss shower filter Cartridges?
- 6 Which shower filter removes chloramine?
- 7 Do shower filters work for hard water?