If you are looking for the best submersible pumps for domestic use, we can help you pick the very best.
Choosing a submersible pump is challenging because there are so many considerations to think about and there is not enough information out there.
Unlike shallow well pumps, these pumps are designed to be submerged under water.
Top Submersible Pumps For Domestic Use Comparision Table
What to look for in submersible pumps
- Gallons per minute (GPM) This measures the flow rate or the amount of water that flow per minute. If your water consumption is high, you should go for a pump with a high flow rate. Some might have a flow rate of about Three gallons per minute while others might have as high as 25.
- Well Diameter. You should consider the diameter of your well to ascertain the size of the pump. You should always leave some allowance for operation
- Power – For domestic pumps a Horsepower of 0.5- 1.0 is ideal. You should consider that the higher the power consumption of your pump the high the more you will pay in power bills.
- Material– To prevent the pump from corrosion stainless steel is the best material for making the casing of the pump. You should avoid submersible pumps that are made from cheap plastic materials or iron that might rust quickly.
- Wiring- Some have two wires while others have three. The two wires are for power +ve and – ve while the third wire is for controlling the pump
Domestic Submersible Pumps Reviews
1. Hallmark Industries Deep Well
The American made Hallmark MA0414X offers great features. The great thing is that you will not need to break the bank to get this pump.
- Flow rater of 33 GPM
- 90 PSI pressure
- 1.0 Hoarse power
- Heavy duty stainless steel
- 230 Volts and 750 Watts
- Electric motors
Editor’s Rating (4 / 5)
Though made for domestic use, Hallmark MA0414X is kind of an industrial standard pump. It is made of stainless steel, and therefore, resistance to corrosion. So you can be sure it’s long-lasting. In addition, It works quietly without making noise. It uses a 1.0 horsepower electric motor, and it has a 10-inch electric cord.
What I like
Hallmark submersible is highly reliable for home use because it’s energy efficiency. Unlike other plastic pumps, it is resistant to corrosion because of the heavy duty stainless steel casing. Unlike other noisy models, this model doesn’t create noise pollution. Its priced at a reasonable price compared to other expensive models. A flow rate of 33 GPM is more than enough for most homes.
2.OrangeA Deep Well
OrangeA is a solid brand know for making quality products. This model is specifically made for domestic use, but it’s of industrial stardard. Flow rate of 25 GPM is great for a domestic water consumption. Also, it energy efficient because the motor rans at 0.5 horsepower.
- Submersible down to a water depth of 125ft
- Can be placed vertically or horizontally
- Motor 0.5HP at 110V
- Maximum flow rate 25 GPM
- Comes with 5ft long electric cord
- Stainless steel body
- Inbuilt check valve
Editor’s Rating (4.2 / 5)
OrangeA can pump water from 150 feet under water. It’s a 0.5Hp, so you can be sure it is energy efficient. The casing of the device is made with industrial grade stainless steel. In addition, the pump can be mounted either vertically or horizontally.
What I like
OrangeA submersible is well-balanced and energy efficient. In addition, it does not need a control box because it has an inbuilt starter. It is also very reasonably priced compared to other models which can be pretty expensive.
What I don’t like
The electric cables are of a small gauge which might be prone to overheat. Also, customer s complained that the manufacturer could have done a better job on the manual because instructions are kind of unclear when installing.
3. Red Lion RL22G10
Red lion is also a big player in the water equipments space. They are known to make high quality water equipments . Red Lion RL22G10 is an easy to install that uses a heavy duty voltage motor. You can choose avariant of options: 23GPM 1HP, 12GPM 0.75 GPM, and 16GPM 0.75HP.
- Variant options 1 HP
- Flow rate 22 GPM,
- inbuilt check valve
- Stainless steel
- 30/50 pressure switch
- Automatic pressure switch
Editor’s Rating (4.5 / 5)
Red Lion RL12G10 is an energy efficient and reliable pump. It has a flow rate of 22 gallons per minute. Because of the inbuilt valve check, it does clog easy. It’s single phase 230 vols and three wire unit. The extra wire is for winding up when installing.
What I like
RL12G10 is a well-designed device. In addition, it is an energy efficient. The stainless steel body ensures that it won’t corrosion and won’t rust. The wire is good gauge and I’m sure will last for a long time.
What I don’t link
This is one of most pricey submersible pumps.
4. Amarine deep well
Amarine-made 24V is small powerful pump that is made with a stainless stell shell. It ‘s one of the most space efficient submersible pump because it is small with dimension of 14.6 X 5.1 X 4.5 inches.
- 24 Volts DC
- 3 chamber design
- A flow rate of 3GPM
- Maximum submersion Depth 100ft
Editor’s Rating (3.5 / 5)
Amerine submersible was designed so that it can even with a solar panel. Therefore, this makes it ideal for remote areas where there is no reliable electricity. in addition, it can be used without voltage control devices. It is super easy to hook up and install. It’s ideal for application such as livestock watering wells.
What I don’t like
The fact that Amerine can be run with a different source of electricity gives it a lot of versatility. It is also space efficient. Finally, you will not have to break the bank to get it.
What I don’t like
The flow rate of 3 gallons per minute is on the low side but still very ideal for domestic use.
Submersible Well Pumps FAQs
What are submersible pumps?
It’s hermetically sealed motor close-coupled to the pump body. The device is submerged under water deep in the well. This kind of device was used in the oil extractive industry. The main advantage of this model that it prevents pump cavitations. They have many applications including sewage draining and well pumping.
How does submersible water pumps work?
It’s meant to operate when it is completely submerged in water. In fact, it will not work if it’s not completely covered. When it is underwater it pushes the water to the pipe. The submerged normally uses a motor powered by electricity. The motor is sealed in its casing such that it does not come into contact with water.
Advantages of submersible pump
- Because the Submersible pump is covered in water, it does not have to be primed.
- They are efficient because they don’t use a lot of power to move water into the pump.
- They are quite so they overcome one of the biggest disadvantages of pumps which is noise pollution.
- Low maintenance
Disadvantage Of submersible pumps
- The seal which encloses the pump and the motor can become corroded over time.
- They tend to a little pricey
Types of submersible pump-
There are two types of submersible pumps. The first types have submerged motor which is enclosed into a casing. The Second type is where a dry motor submersible pump. The dry motor is connected with to the pump by a shaft.
How to install a submersible pump?
What is the multistage submersible pump?
Multistage has to impellers that are placed on the same shaft and driven by the same motor. Note, the impeller is the rotating part of the pump that moves the water or liquid.
What is a submersible pump control box?
Control boxes are a device that regulates the flow rate of water pressure by adjusting the system. In other words, control act as the remote control of the submerged pump although it is connected through wires. Normally, control boxes seek to maintain the following parameters.
- -Minimum pressure of 30 psi
- -Maintaining enough water level in the storage tank
- -Protecting it during a power surge and outages.
Why the submersible pump trip?
The most common reason that submersible pumps trip is because the motor casing got eroded and water got into the system and short-circuited it. Sometimes the bearing is worn off and it makes it hard for the shaft to move, so the starting current becomes high for the circuit breaker.